• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

fitness Working out at home or gym?

This general fitness thread covers all aspects of fitness, including workouts, nutrition, wellness tips, lifestyle changes, and fitness advice.

Heatman

Real Member
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ322
Usually, it's at the gym one is apparently supposed to workout because there are more tools that's going to make it easier for you to achieve your goals. But this doesn't mean one can't workout at home and achieve the same result. Some people might not have the intention of paying for gym's subscription which is why they choose to workout at home.

Do you prefer working out at home or the gym? How much do you pay for gym subscription?

Do you prefer working out at home or the gym?
I prefer going to the gym and working out. Even though I have dumbbells, and makeshift routines that I can do, like mimic incline pushups from a 30" high bed, exercising at home feels more like a chore and something that I need to force myself to do.

When I'm at the gym, around people who all have the same goal as me, it makes me want to push myself harder to get where I want to be quicker.

Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from an injury that I caught early that could've torn my rotator cuff. I think I should be good to go, light, tomorrow though as I'm no longer feeling pain and stretching it out regularly.
How much do you pay for gym subscription?
I used to pay around $50 for a subscription.

But now, I have a free subscription to approximately 750 gyms in about 80 territories and countries that I'm taking advantage of here in Japan. ;)

I like to workout at the gym because I can choose from varieties of exercise equipment that are available. But if I have the budget to stock my home with the necessary equipment, I might exercise more at home for convenience.

I prefer going to the gym and working out. Even though I have dumbbells, and makeshift routines that I can do, like mimic incline pushups from a 30" high bed, exercising at home feels more like a chore and something that I need to force myself to do.

When I'm at the gym, around people who all have the same goal as me, it makes me want to push myself harder to get where I want to be quicker.

Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from an injury that I caught early that could've torn my rotator cuff. I think I should be good to go, light, tomorrow though as I'm no longer feeling pain and stretching it out regularly.

I used to pay around $50 for a subscription.

But now, I have a free subscription to approximately 750 gyms in about 80 territories and countries that I'm taking advantage of here in Japan. ;)
Working out at gym definitely have have more positive motivation with others whom you're eating drills with. Some people even go to the extent of creating group chats to keep all their members following up.

Another point, I didn't mention earlier is making sure that as you're working out, it's very important to take your diet seriously. If you don't watch what you eat, your whole effort of working out will be a waste.

If you don't watch what you eat, your whole effort of working out will be a waste.

💯

You should probably learn proper dieting alongside exercise movements and form as there are different approaches to take to achieve different goals, both for dieting and exercising.

Have an ideal physique you want in mind and then learn how to achieve that. But, it will come down mainly to genetics and diet.

Back
Top Bottom