• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Why do we dream about people we haven’t seen in years?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ589
Title Glow
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
For as long as I can remember, I've been having on and off dreams about people that I haven't thought of in forever, like old classmates, neighbors, or peers from years ago. However, in my dreams, they have the same appearance that they had when I last saw them, or a mix between that and a recent photo that I may have seen of them. Though, I have the same appearance that I do now, if I can get a glimpse of myself in a reflection or mirror of sorts. It makes for a weird dream, especially having conversations with them stuck in the mentality we had then versus the one I have now.

It got me thinking, what does it mean when we dream about people who are no longer in our lives? Usually, when this happens to me, I look them up and send them a message the next day to check in on them and reminisce a little.

Do you dream of people in your past? And, do you brush it off as nothing or do you think there's a deeper meaning behind them?

This is a commoality with me and is the norm rather than the exception. I dream of ex friends and partners all the time. These people who came in and out of our lives helped shape who we are. Though we might have separated ourselves physically from them in one way or another, they are part of our psychological fabric.

In other words they are all in our heads, and we will never be able to remove them.

I get what you're saying, but it's kind of weird having 17 year old Zach ask 30 year old me if I want to go have a kegger in the woods.

Sometimes, it's a rendition of what I think Zach would look like and talk like now, but my age and personality doesn't stoop to theirs if they appear younger and act childish, if you get what I'm saying.

Some dreams are merely your bodies way of waking you up so that you will move around a bit for circulation purposes, or indeed to get you up in order for you to relieve your bladder.

Some dreams are merely your bodies way of waking you up so that you will move around a bit for circulation purposes, or indeed to get you up in order for you to relieve your bladder.
That could make sense, because these types of dreams are the ones that eventually wake me up with only remembering the awkward tail-end of them.

Back
Top Bottom