• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

discuss Which Actor Turned Director Made The Right Call?

This is a thread to discuss anything related to movies.

Unvarnished

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ699
Blinker
Bolden Your Name
IMG_20241008_051828_(1080_x_566_pixel).webp
I particularly like how Jordan Peele has switched from being an actor to director. This man is definitely the best example I can give. Been so successful in comedy and now a movie director, showed his ability to direct and be able to mold himself.

Which actor do you think turned into an actor and did it right?

I haven't seen much, if at all, of Clint Eastwood's earlier acting work.

However, he's made a good appearance in Gran Torino, which he also directed.

Some other works of his that I enjoyed include Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, American Sniper, and Sully. However, I’m unsure if he only directed them or if he also appeared as an actor in any of those titles.

I made a research and I found out that Ben Affleck switched from acting to directing and did very well. He directed good movies like Gone Baby Gone in 2007, The Town in 2010 and Argo in 2012.

Some actors end up being film directors afer they retire from acting. A good example is Jordan Peele. He truly excelled as a director after putting up a stunning acting career. Other names worth mentioning are Ron Howard and Jon Favreau.

Back
Top Bottom