• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

movies What's Your Worst Movie Remake Ever?

movies

Unvarnished

Real Member
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ143
Bolden Your Name
IMG-20240921-WA0016.webp

The Karate Kid of 2010 is a movie that comes to my mind. It's indeed a typical example of a terrible remake in my opinion. I’m quite sure you’ll agree that the original film in 1984 was so amazing. This one did not just live up to expectations at all for me.

Firstly, I just couldn't connect with Jaden Smith's Dre Parker like I did with Ralph Macchio's Daniel LaRusso and I could even make a comparison of Jackie Chan’s Mr. Han.to Pat Morita’s evergreen Mr. Miyagi.

I think the movie lost its quality when it shifted locations which are aimed at getting more money than focusing on what people actually wanted.

Do you share my view?

I didn't like the movie personally, but it's not a bad watch for a family night. With kid's attention span these days, they might find it more interesting than the original.

Mr. Miyagi

On that note, I've hinted that I live in the country of Japan, but I actually live in the same country as Mr. Miyagi. ;)

Your submission is accepted by me. I also saw another terrible movie remake; it's Total Recall 2012. They did not consider well the humour and the actions during the redos. Even with a new cast, nothing changed about the dull story and it led to total mess. An excellent story in the first movie was actually replaced by a very boring one in the second one.

Back
Top Bottom