• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

fitness What motivates you to work out?

This general fitness thread covers all aspects of fitness, including workouts, nutrition, wellness tips, lifestyle changes, and fitness advice.

NatureFreak

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ197
It can be hard to get started, one needs a form of motivation to consistently hit the gym. For me it is the way I look good in my outfits. I also feel strong and I don’t get tired easily, so the cons are enough to keep me motivated.

What would you say motivates you to work out?

What would you say motivates you to work out?
Seeing the continual progress that your body takes on. It's good to take before and after pictures every once in a while as you sometimes forget what you previously looked like and then can compare the progress. If you look at an after picture, it motivates you not to want to return to the before picture.

Also, since I'm getting older, the reduction in cardiovascular health issues to maybe live a little longer is a motivator as I would like to see my grandkids grow up, and who knows, maybe see my first great-grandkid be born.

I want to stay healthy all the time. It's way to avoid some sicknesses and look good too. Apart from this, it also makes me be on an alert and be productive all through the day.

It's way to avoid some sicknesses
I don't know about all that. When I was seriously into bodybuilding, I'd still get sick now and then would take me out of the scene for a while, probably because someone who was sick decided to use the public gym and not wipe down their nasties before I used it, as I practically lived in the gym during that time.

I get motivated when I get into a confrontation with people in public, it helps me blow off some steam. It's also good to exercise daily, because I believe it helps you have a more productive day.

because I believe it helps you have a more productive day.
It can help you have more productive days even when you are on an off day because that exercise high ("runners high") lasts a while.

For as long as you are consistent with exercising at least 3 to 4 times per week, you will see a drastic change in motivation to do other things because you just feel better both physically and mentally.

Well, for me it's the fear of having excess weight and become fat that motivates me to keep working out consistently.

I watch WWE, UFC and boxing a lot. I see a lot of work those guys put in to be in great shape. I always want to always be close to that.

What motivated me to keep exercising and never stopped is to stay healthy. Exercise really helped in boosting my energy and it also maintain my body shape. I’m a mother of three and I never wanted to lose my body shape. I want to keep fit at all times.

What motivated me to keep exercising and never stopped is to stay healthy. Exercise really helped in boosting my energy and it also maintain my body shape. I’m a mother of three and I never wanted to lose my body shape. I want to keep fit at all times.
You're doing very well because not so many married women with kids in my country take their shape serious after giving birth. Many of them tend to leave their body after giving birth to one or two kids.

Never lose focus of your goal because it's good what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom