• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic What internet era are you?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.
I started using the internet in the dial up days when AOL was basically the only ISP available. Those days really sucked!

Social media has really evolved over the years as well. I was really active on Myspace before Facebook took off and started dominating.

I started using the internet in the dial up days when AOL was basically the only ISP available. Those days really sucked!

Social media has really evolved over the years as well. I was really active on Myspace before Facebook took off and started dominating.
I used MSN back then. It was very popular as well, at least in my country. People use to chat with it. Like this:

Same here. Got my free trial CDs of AOL. But, then we found an internet provider in the phone book that advertised that they were cheaper and switched. That's when I started using Internet Explorer, and a whole new world opened.

I still have my cool AIM names though.

The 1st time I ever went online was back in 2011.
Wow! I actually started using the internet in the early 2000’s.
We must be about the same age. For me I got on under 10 and the late 90s/2000s.

The internet of then is night and day compared to this, though.
You’re absolutely right. It’s wild, too. I remember the LimeWire and Napster days as well. LimeWire and Napster basically paved the way for Spotify and Apple Music in terms of downloading music and streaming.

Aim and MSN & Skype paved the way for Discord as well.

Back
Top Bottom