• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

game What do you think of gaming platforms phasing Out Physical Games?

For threads discussing games on PC, consoles, or other platforms.

ActionAce

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ427
The gaming landscape is gradually shifting from the traditional physical games to digital gaming. I read in a news article the number of gaming platforms that have dumped physical game production just to join the bandwagon of digital gaming..

Nintendo may probably be the next inline based on the rumors on the gaming platforms across social media. By implications, it means we can only get our games through downloads.

What do you make of this?

The Devs are shifting to digital games because of the convenience it offers as compared to the physical games. The physical games have their own perks too, but I think the digital games have made games accessible to so many people with just a click of a button.

I don't like it because it takes ownership away.

They could pull the game at any time — probably in their ToS — and leave you with nothing. Or, they could remove a level or stage that you liked for whatever reason. And, the list goes on.

Whereas with a physical copy, you could pop it in and play it anytime.

I like having all the games on my account, ready to download whenever I need it. However, with PSN I dislike how you need to be signed in to play games you downloaded. It sucks if you lose Internet.

Back
Top Bottom