• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Ubisoft Is Reportedly Planning To Release 10 Assassin's Creed Games In Five Years

A thread for sharing news about game development, industry shifts, or key updates in the gaming world.

Cpvr

RealShit Staff
Real Moderator
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ350
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
The Assassin’s Creed franchise, which has already released 13 main titles with a delayed 14th installment, Assassin’s Creed Shadows, along with 17 spin-offs, VR, and mobile games, is reportedly gearing up for an ambitious release schedule of 10 more titles within the next five years. By 2030, this would bring the series’ total to around 41 games—surpassing even the prolific Resident Evil series.

Prepare for a Steady Stream of Assassinations

According to reliable insider Tom Henderson of Insider Gaming, Ubisoft has big plans for its decade-spanning franchise. Henderson’s report on the accelerated development of the Black Flag Remake also highlighted that Ubisoft is ramping up the Assassin’s Creed output as part of a broader strategy.

Henderson reports:

Insider Gaming understands that Ubisoft plans to release about 10 Assassin’s Creed games across different formats and lengths in the next five years. This includes the upcoming mobile game codenamed Jade, currently slated for release in Q2 2025 (FYQ1 2026).

Among the mentioned games are the long-rumored Black Flag Remake, Jade (which has seen several gameplay leaks), Hexe, and the multiplayer project Invictus, accounting for four of the 10 planned releases.

That leaves about six more unannounced titles to be revealed before 2030. As these projects will vary in scope, not all will be full-length releases. Ubisoft’s CEO Yves Guillemot has already confirmed that remakes are also part of the strategy.

With so many games set to drop in a short period, fans who aren’t already feeling the weight of franchise fatigue may be by the time 2030 rolls around.

Source: https://www.thegamer.com/ubisoft-is...lease-10-assassins-creed-games-in-five-years/

I recently read that Ubisoft isn't doing too good, losing a lot of market cap, and investing a lot of money into AAAA game development that they might not have to be investing with.

It makes me wonder if they will survive, and if not, who will buy them out.

Ubisoft (UBI.PA) was priced at $15.07 per share on October 7, 2024, but has since dropped to $13.80 per share. While the share price alone doesn't reflect the company's overall value, the market cap does. Ubisoft's current market cap is just under $1.8 billion, which pales in comparison to EA Games / Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), boasting a market cap of $37.7 billion.

They will have to make up for this with a considerable number of sales soon if they want to turn the company around.

This is indeed an aggressive releases for Assassin’s Creed games and it has kept many people wondering. I think the installments are going to keep the player’s interested, but some still belived that it's going to degrade the quality of the series. Is that true?

I recently read that Ubisoft isn't doing too good, losing a lot of market cap, and investing a lot of money into AAAA game development that they might not have to be investing with.

It makes me wonder if they will survive, and if not, who will buy them out.

Ubisoft (UBI.PA) was priced at $15.07 per share on October 7, 2024, but has since dropped to $13.80 per share. While the share price alone doesn't reflect the company's overall value, the market cap does. Ubisoft's current market cap is just under $1.8 billion, which pales in comparison to EA Games / Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), boasting a market cap of $37.7 billion.

They will have to make up for this with a considerable number of sales soon if they want to turn the company around.
They’re also looking to go private and/or looking for a seller.

LOS ANGELES -- Shares of Ubisoft jumped more than 30% Friday, following reports that Tencent and the Guillemot family are considering a buyout of the video game maker.

Bloomberg news reported that Tencent and Guillemot family — minority stakeholders in Ubisoft — have been discussing ways to stabilize the company after it lost more than half its market value this year. Shares surged 33.5% to about $15.57 Friday, according to FactSet.

Ubisoft declined to comment. Tencent did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

France-based Ubisoft is the publisher behind the well-known franchise “Assassin’s Creed.” Ubisoft’s shares fell last month to their lowest point in more than a decade after its latest title “Star Wars Outlaws” underperformed and the company announced that it would delay the latest “Assassin’s Creed” game

They’re also looking to go private and/or looking for a seller.
Ah, that explains the pop to $15.07 that I referenced. Before that, it was doing worse than the $13.80 mentioned, trading in the $10.50-$10.80~ area.

1728349764392.webp

I never played any Assassin's Creed game. I couldn't get into it, but it's very popular. They'll probably make a huge profit making 10 games in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom