• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Top 5 deathbed regrets

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ589
Title Glow
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
I was reading this article on the top 5 regrets people have on their deathbed.

They are:
  • I didn’t spend enough time with the people I love.
  • I worked too much and missed out on life.
  • I let fear control my decisions and didn’t take risks.
  • I wish I’d been braver in the face of uncertainty or opportunity.
  • I focused too much on the future and lost touch with the present.
And it got me thinking about life in general.

Why should these ever be regrets in the first place?

I fixate on nearly all of these regrets on a daily basis so that when it's time to go, all I have to say is, "bye."

Do you have any trouble with these top 5?

I got lessons early on in life on how to never come to the point on having any of these.

For example, I was taught to always ask, because if you don't, you will never know if the opportunity exists.

That strikes out:
  • I let fear control my decisions and didn’t take risks.
However, it could be your personality that holds you back, which is this regret:
  • I wish I’d been braver in the face of uncertainty or opportunity.
But, you can kill two birds with one stone by just asking. The worst that can happen is a rejection at the time. But, you learn to overcome the feeling of being rejected the more often you ask and get turned down. But that one time it's a yes instead of a no? All worth it.

Do you think that you'll have any of these regrets on your deathbed?

I believe so much in living the moment. Hey, life is too short, and we can't deny the fact that there are pressures here and there. I think it's much better to maintain balance in every aspect of our lives.

1. I have never been able to live my fantasy. It's like they either laugh or say '"No way, I'm not doing that". :sneaky:
2. I was never able to stop hating my parents.
3. I 100% lost my faith in all religions.
4. I regret being so mean to my brothers.
5. I regret being so manipulative, especially to my bff.

Back
Top Bottom