• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Title: ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Stumbles with $37.8M Opening After Harsh D CinemaScore

For threads sharing current events, updates, or important information.

Hollywood Info

Realist One
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ19
Joker: Folie à Deux had a rough start at the box office, debuting to just $37.8 million domestically. Directed by Todd Phillips and starring Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga, it’s the first comic book film to ever receive a D CinemaScore. Expectations were high, with projections initially set at $50-$60 million, but they dropped as the weekend progressed.

Internationally, the film earned $81.1 million, bringing its global total to $121.1 million. Despite this, it’s still far behind the original Joker, which opened to $96.2 million domestically in 2019 and grossed over $1 billion worldwide.

The sequel's musical elements didn’t click with audiences, leading to poor word-of-mouth and low PostTrak scores. Critics praised Phoenix and Gaga’s performances but criticized the slow-paced plot and lack of narrative depth. Warner Bros. insiders admitted they were disappointed but remain supportive of Phillips’ bold creative risks.

Unlike most superhero films, even those that flop, Folie à Deux faced unusually harsh audience reactions. The film still aims to make an impact during awards season, hoping Phoenix and Gaga's performances can save the day.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...e-a-deux-box-office-d-cinemascore-1236025168/

Joker: Folie à Deux has a very poor start. Opening with $37.8M wasn't good because I personally expect more considering the original's $96.2M in the first weekend. The figure is way below the original.

Joker: Folie à Deux has a very poor start. Opening with $37.8M wasn't good because I personally expect more considering the original's $96.2M in the first weekend. The figure is way below the original.
It's because a lot of people, including myself were bored out of our minds during the original. I'm not surprised the sequel isn't killing the box office.

Joker needs to blow shit up.

Back
Top Bottom