• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

tv series The Great (2020)

For threads discussing TV shows, episodes, or series-related content.
0.00 star(s)
0.00/5 0 Votes

Genre: Drama,Comedy

Director: Tony McNamara

Cast: Elle Fanning,Phoebe Fox,Gwilym Lee,Adam Godley,Douglas Hodge,Belinda Bromilow,Bayo Gbadamosi,Nicholas Hoult,Charity Wakefield,Florence Keith-Roach,Grace Molony,Freddie Fox

First aired:

Last air date:

Show status: Canceled

Overview: A genre-bending, anti-historical ride through 18th century Russia following the rise of Catherine the Nothing to Catherine the Great and her explosive relationship with husband Peter, the emperor of Russia.

Where to watch

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Elle Fanning

Catherine II of Russia
    • Phoebe Fox

Marial
    • Gwilym Lee

Grigor Dymov
    • Adam Godley

Archbishop
    • Douglas Hodge

General Velementov
    • Belinda Bromilow

Elizabeth Petrovna
    • Bayo Gbadamosi

Arkady
    • Nicholas Hoult

Peter III of Russia
    • Charity Wakefield

Georgina Dymova
    • Florence Keith-Roach

Tatyana
    • Grace Molony

Queen Agnes
    • Freddie Fox

King Hugo
    • Ron West (Production)

• Ava Pickett (Writing)

• Official Date Announcement

• Teaser
    • The Great Season 1 Teaser | Rotten Tomatoes TV

• Trailer
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Friend of my suggested this TV series to me a year ago and I decided to give it a shot and I didn't regret it. It's full of humor, but they also try to show real history. Of course, all of this is done in a funny way and often without any truth in it. I love how main actress looks like. Gosh she is so beautiful. The way she talks, smiles, her voice, her skin.. Of course, she is not like that in real life but for this role it's fantastic.

I also like to see a conflict between "old way" which is the church and modern ways which is science. Those two are often in conflict here but they have to cooperate from time to time. I recommend it!

I'm not too much into movies or series set in this era, and it's not because it's boring or anything.

I just think that with modernity, they tend to leave out so much, let's say, unimportant details about living such as daily routines to even communications that we take for granted today.

I'll put it on my radar and see if, after the first episode or two, it can hook me in and change my mind on this genre.

If you wish to post an episode for this TV show, enter the Season and Episode numbers:
Back
Top Bottom