• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news "Terrifier 3" Shatters Records as Unrated Horror Movie Dominates Box Office

A thread covering industry news, behind-the-scenes updates, or significant developments in the world of cinema.

Movie Info

Real Member
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ691
Terrifier 3 is shaking up the indie horror scene, raking in $18.9 million in its opening weekend despite being unrated. Directed by Damien Leone, the gruesome threequel found success in over 2,500 theaters—an impressive feat considering most cinemas previously avoided unrated movies due to advertising restrictions.

Cineverse Corp., the studio behind the film, pulled off this achievement with a modest $500,000 marketing budget. The company leveraged its vast network in the horror community, including streaming platforms and podcasts, to promote the movie effectively. AMC, Regal, and Cinemark treated Terrifier 3 as R-rated, trying to block teens without parents, though some reportedly snuck in by buying tickets for kid-friendly films like The Wild Robot.

The film’s shocking content includes child murder and intense violence, pushing the limits of what horror fans are used to seeing. Its success is remarkable considering its $2 million budget, making it one of the most profitable unrated movies ever.

Cineverse CEO Chris McGurk credits this triumph to targeting the right audience and ditching costly traditional media campaigns. After Joker: Folie à Deux flopped, Terrifier 3 became the go-to for horror fans wanting an extreme experience. McGurk says the movie resonates with today’s anxieties, offering viewers a dark escape amid global tensions.

With a holiday season run planned, including a special Christmas Eve event, Terrifier 3 leaves fans eagerly anticipating future installments as it continues its bloody box office domination.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/terrifier-3-movie-ratings-system-1236032011/

I can't ever recall a non-rated movie showing in theaters.

With this description, it makes me wonder how gory it's going to be.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably watch it if it comes out—I need to track down the first two before that though.

Terrifier 3's $18.9 million during its weekend opening is mind-blowing. The show's director Damien Leone did a great job with the story. It really resonated with the audience and they are so excited about the horror movie.

Terrifier 3's $18.9 million during its weekend opening is mind-blowing.
Considering that the film's budget was $2 million, yeah!

That would be comparable to Gladiator II's budget of $310 million and having a weekend opening of nearly $3,000,0000,000 (9.45x budget), which is just impossible.

Back
Top Bottom