• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

music Tallahassee rapper Ralan Styles killed in Columbus, Ohio, shooting, police say

For threads introducing new music releases, discoveries, or recommendations.

Cpvr

RealShit Staff
Real Moderator
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ318
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
Tallahassee Rapper Ralan Styles Killed in Columbus Shooting

Ralan Styles, a 22-year-old rapper from Tallahassee, was fatally shot on Saturday night in Columbus, Ohio, as confirmed by the Columbus Division of Police. Styles, whose legal name was Michael Robinson, lost his life under tragic circumstances.

According to police reports, officers were dispatched in response to “an unknown type of complaint,” which was soon updated with a rapid SOS alert—a signal indicating a critical need for assistance. Upon arriving at a residence around 5 a.m., officers encountered an individual who informed them that a man inside had been shot.

A 24-year-old suspect, Mahamood Hassan, was arrested at the scene and charged with first-degree murder. The investigation is ongoing, with further details about the incident still emerging as of Monday morning.

From School Lunch Tables to Music Stardom

Ralan Styles gained widespread recognition for his viral track “Baby Shark,” amassing over two million followers on social media. His publicist, Juming Delmas, expressed the profound loss: “Ralan’s passing leaves a void not only in Tallahassee but across the music industry. He had a rare ability to connect deeply with his community, using music to uplift and inspire youth.”

Described on Apple Music as “a confident, streetwise voice from Tallahassee,” Styles was often compared to Lil Goat, though his music leaned more toward melodic trap and contemporary R&B. His career began in 2020 with a collaboration alongside Lil Goat on the hypnotic track “Dancing with the Devil.” In 2021, he dropped his debut album, Radiance, featuring collaborations with artists such as G-Real, Itstheangxl, and GHXSTBOYY, followed by two more albums in 2022.

Loved Ones Pay Tribute

Fans and loved ones flooded social media with tributes following the rapper’s death. His girlfriend, Jillian Sperling, shared an emotional post on Instagram: “Michael Andre Robinson. My love, my soulmate, my everything. I can’t believe you’re gone. I keep hoping this is just a nightmare and I’ll wake up to find you right here with me.”

Sperling also revealed that Styles leaves behind a daughter from a previous relationship.

Fellow rapper Lil Goat shared a heartfelt tribute, reflecting on their journey together: “We started at the lunch table, spitting bars in middle school, and now we’re stars. I love you, bro. As long as I’m breathing, your legacy will live on.”

The sudden loss of Ralan Styles has left a lasting impact on his community, fans, and the music world, cutting short a promising career full of potential.

Source: https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...s-shot-killed-in-ohio-police-say/75766313007/

Back
Top Bottom