• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

other Rich Homie Quan Reportedly Dead At 34

For threads related to news, rumors, or discussions that don’t fit standard categories.

Hollywood Info

Realist One
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ19
Atlanta-born rapper Dequantes Devontay Lamar, professionally known as Rich Homie Quan, has passed away at the age of 34.
According to TMZ, the "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)" standout died from an alleged drug overdose on Thursday (September 5).
RHQ, born in October 1989, entered the scene in 2013, swimming in immense success after dropping "Type of Way". The star went on to release "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)" and "Ride Out" in 2015, and collaborated with big names like Young Thug, and "hometown homie" 2 ChainZ (to name only a few rappers) throughout an impressive career.
Additional information surrounding his death, and the nature of his overdose, was not immediately available as the world proceeds to mourn the loss of the legendary RHQ.

Source: https://www.steveharveyfm.com/content/2024-09-05-rich-homie-quan-reportedly-dead-at-34/

Me either.

I just think it's sad that these rappers keep dying of overdoses. They have pretty much everything they could dream of, yet they get hooked on drugs of all things.
It’s sad. A lot of rappers either die in a shooting or an overdose. There’s been a lot of losses over the years in the industry. Juice world and mac miller also died from an overdose smh

Juice world
The Juice WRLD death was crazy.

From what I understand, he took illegal drugs on a private plane. That is, of course, federally illegal. But to get out of the charge, he consumed the rest of the drugs he had with him.

However, someone of his status would've walked with a slap on the wrist like 30 days "house arrest" (still able to perform if he had concerts), rehab, or community service, or a combination of all, if he didn't get a lawyer paid for by his label that could get all charges dropped. He still had "streets" mindset, so he took a fatal chance instead of letting money talk in the courts.

I may be wrongly recalling the story though.

I seen the news yesterday. This is crazy. I use to listen to one album/mixtape by Rich Homie Quan a lot.

Man, even dropping Xans with codeine is playing it dangerous.

Add in the fent and it's like 10x deadly Russian roulette.

Unsure much how the promethazine contributed since it's just an antihistamine added to the codeine in order to make you feel yucky to OD in order to not want to seek an opiate high. But if it's like the same as Benadryl tripping, sudden death is a symptom there, so a 100z deadly cocktail with probably the most weight on the fentanyl.

This is the passing of a legend. The world has lost yet another brilliant artist. It would be nice to do justice to him by sharing the memories of his contribution to the hip-hop and musical landscape at large. I send my condolences to his family.

Back
Top Bottom