• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

discuss Remakes and reboots: Necessary or unnecessary?

This is a thread to discuss anything related to movies.

ActionAce

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ620
Title Glow
Halo of Righteousness
It's not uncommon to see classic movies go through some tweaking, and that's why we have seen remakes and reboots of the classic titles.

Some believed that reimagining the stories was not necessary because it lacked originality, while others wanted a remake so badly.

One of the most successful movie remakes is Ocean's Eleven (2001).
What's your take on this?

One of the most successful movie remakes is Ocean's Eleven (2001).
Ocean's Eleven remakes were great. I can't say as much for the Ocean's Eight all-female cast spinoff though... The Popcornmeter on Rotten Tomatoes being 47% compared to Ocean's Eleven's 80% says all it needs to say about that movie. Straight trash.

The all-female Ghostbusters movie was also garbage. It was the only movie that gave me the urge to walk out of the theater, it was just so dry and unfunny. I stayed for the entire thing, but I felt like I wasted time doing so.

While some may consider it unnecessary, others want a favourite movie to be remade in a way that they prefer. Sometimes, remakes are great, like Spider-Man: No Way Home. It brought new ideas and innovation! But some other times, it looks like copying the original movies instead of creating something new. What I'm saying in essence is it depends on the way the remake is made.

They are needed because they assist new generations to enjoy the movies on modern graphics without having to go through the old ones. They actually improve the original story and make it more appealing. It’s like reading a book and then watching a film based on it. Both are special!

Back
Top Bottom