• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Random Ramblings Repository

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ589
Title Glow
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
A repository for random ramblings that don’t fit anywhere else on the forum.

This is the perfect thread for those off-topic thoughts and reflections that can't really fit in their own thread as a standalone topic.

I hate automatic sinks and automatic soap dispensers at sinks. I know it's supposed to be ecofriendly and green, saving water and resources that go into making the soap.

However, I can't help but imagine that they are less eco-friendly than a regular sink, at least for me and with my encounters of them.

I'll rinse my hands and usually get about 1.5 seconds of water to do so, which barely gets them wet enough to apply soap.

Then, I'll use the automated soap dispenser and it'll give me a pea-sized amount of soap, which is not enough to lather up with. Because there's a timer on the soap dispenser, I can't just get a new pea droplet immediately, so I use the one next to me. Though, that is still not enough soap, so I use the initial one for another squirt, and sometimes have to repeat once more with the soap dispenser next to me to finally get enough soap for a cleanse.

Then comes time to rinse it off. Another 1.5 seconds doesn't cut it. I will have to stand there getting about 5 to 10 automatic water dispenses to rinse all the soap off.

I just think that if I could turn on the water, manually press a soap dispenser, lather, and rinse, I would save on both water and soap. Or, is it really more eco-friendly with timers and it's just an annoyance?

/end rant

This morning I reported a scammer on this other site that I'm on. She has at least 3 profiles. What is she up too with that? I'm hoping that she and her multiple personalities gets busted. One account only if you please. If I suspect duplicate accounts on here, I'll rat you out too. I don't care about being labelled a snitch. :mad:

If I suspect duplicate accounts on here, I'll rat you out too.
Our security is pretty good at finding duplicate accounts with fingerprinting and behavior detection. I'll see them before you can catch them, for sure, especially when we're going to implement a rewards system — we can't have abuse of that at the detriment of the community.

Obviously, I have a second account to control the forum with input from 2 others. The previous admin who was in control of forum operations walked away, leaving just me and another person, both of which are mainly focused on tech and growth.

Movie night now:
Logan Lucky (2017)

Based on your time zone I'm guessing that you are posting from down under, from the land of Oz. Am I right on this? 🦘
No, I am based in Japan.

I woke up a little later than usual today, at 1000. I stayed up last night to finish a project that I was working on and was in deep to stop, which I still didn't finish and gave up on for the night (morning?). However, I'll generally go to bed between 0000 and 0100, getting in a good night's rest to wake up naturally between 0730-0800.

No, I am based in Japan.

I woke up a little later than usual today,
Interesting, because the time zone thing just didn't seem to match up with Japan, so I was thinking a Japanese guy living in Australia. But I have been known to be wrong before. :sneaky:

Interesting, because the time zone thing just didn't seem to match up with Japan, so I was thinking a Japanese guy living in Australia. But I have been known to be wrong before. :sneaky:
I could be in Eucla, Western Australia, Australia (UTC+8:45), as we share very close time zones (UTC+9). So, it would be a good guess. :-P

Anywhere from Perth to Sydney Australia would be about the same time as it's only +/- 1 hour, but Eucla is the closest with what looks like to be only a 15 minute difference.

No, I am based in Japan.

I woke up a little later than usual today, at 1000. I stayed up last night to finish a project that I was working on and was in deep to stop, which I still didn't finish and gave up on for the night (morning?). However, I'll generally go to bed between 0000 and 0100, getting in a good night's rest to wake up naturally between 0730-0800.
What time is it out there? It’s currently 11:31pm here.

I’m usually awake every night till at least 2am or 3am and I don’t wake up till 11am or noon.

Woke up just past 0600 this morning, with no alarm.

Had a cup of coffee, but I'm still feeling sluggish. That's probably because I did max effort on leg day yesterday and didn't take the usual nap.

I'll probably need a siesta today.

Catching up on the Nikocado Avocado story.

I hope he did knock the weight off. Now he just has to knock the YouTube off. 😅

I need to start getting back into the gym. I have one in my complex. I just haven’t been in a while. We also have a sauna too.
You have all that within "walking distance" (I wouldn't even consider that walking distance) and don't make use of it? And presumably, pay for it with upkeep costs?

I'm thinking about buying Thread Locker One to document my treadmill process to show everyone that it's not as simple as going from 1 mile to 3 miles to 3 miles at 15% grade and a little under a jogging pace. Hopefully, it could inspire someone to make a positive change, even if it's not to get ultra-fit, but to just be a bit healthier.

Right now, I'm just taking pictures of the workout results at the end of my treadmill session. But, they need to be categorized somehow to illustrate progress better than swiping in a photo gallery.

I also need a body fat check to add each month as I work off 600 calories every other day on the treadmill and am starting to watch what I eat. If 3 cookies are 600 calories, and I know how difficult that is to burn off, I will either skip 3 or be very strict with myself and have only 1. My goal is sub-8% body-fat, and hopefully within 3 months.

Was at the gym on the treadmill and "hit the wall" at about 25 minutes.

Stopped at 30 minutes and walked it out another 5 on cool down mode.

Probably would've been 3x more effective if I pushed the limit, but just didn't have it in me to keep going.

I returned the JBL LIVE 670nc headphones. They looked so big from the box when I picked them up, but after I put them on, they were like baby headphones, reminding me of what would come with the first Sony Walkmans. I went to a different store to return them and saw the 770nc next to them and they were in a bigger box which made me question sizes overall.

I looked up the dimensions of all of the headphones and found that the Sony WH-1000XM4 was about 1/2 inch bigger in width and height than the 770nc. Having seen this, I knew they would comfortably fit over my entire ear.

I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom