• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Pranks on YouTube

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.
I like to watch 3 types of pranks. I like the bushman videos, shampoo pranks, and slapping videos.

Pranks just aren't pranks on YouTube for me anymore.

There was the era of Ed Bassmaster, Jack Vale, et al., which was the golden era of pranks that you could laugh at because you knew that they were genuine. Then, the likes of Vitaly and FouseyTube came along with "pranks" that got better reactions, which were funny, until it all unraveled that they were fake. Now, I put all YouTube pranks into question, and it's difficult to tell whether they're real or not, which lowered my enjoyment of watching pranks on YouTube.

I still might get a laugh out of a fake prank, but I would like to return to an era where pranks were real and unscripted. However, with the change in society not tolerating pranksters, mainly because of IRL streamers that are "pranksters" (really just people that harass others for a reaction), I don't think that's possible anymore.

Do you watch power slap?
I watched the reality TV show of it for the drama. Once I realized how dumb the sport is — kind of like you kick me in the balls, then I kick you in the balls kindergarten dumb — I tuned out.

I can only imagine how much quicker Power Slap (and other federations) "athletes" will develop CTE than NFL players. I can't support that level of stupidity...

Back
Top Bottom