• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Paul King to Direct Disney's Prince Charming Movie

A thread covering industry news, behind-the-scenes updates, or significant developments in the world of cinema.

Movie Info

Real Member
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ691
Disney is working on a Prince Charming movie, and Paul King, known for Wonka and the Paddington films, is set to direct. The screenplay, co-written by King, Simon Barnaby, and Jon Croker, remains under wraps, and it’s unclear whether the film will be live-action or animated.

In classic fairy tales, Prince Charming typically rescues princesses like Cinderella and Snow White. But in this film, he's getting the spotlight. According to Deadline, this Prince Charming won’t be tied directly to Cinderella, despite his origins.

King has had recent success with Wonka, which starred Timothée Chalamet and grossed $634 million globally. He also directed the first two Paddington films, which earned a combined $615 million worldwide. Though King isn’t directing Paddington 3, he contributed to its story.

With his strong track record, King’s take on Prince Charming is already generating excitement.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/prince-charming-movie-disney-wonka-director-paul-king-1236181698/

With his strong track record, King’s take on Prince Charming is already generating excitement.
I bet it is, but probably for all the wrong reasons.

I will bet anything that Disney will butcher this film by making Prince Charming an effeminate man who would be the polar opposite of one who would rescue Cinderella and Snow White.

It's probably going to have some sort of social justice messaging in it, too, and made for kids to consume it all up while they're young and malleable.

Just for Paul King directing this movie, that’s enough for me; because I have seen some of his works. He is absolutely brilliant and it has to be amazing. He made Wonka a huge hit and also made Paddington very awesome. Give it to him, he is good at directing.

Back
Top Bottom