• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

other 'Outer Banks' Stars Open Up About Navigating Social Media: "It Can Be Really Cruel"

For threads related to news, rumors, or discussions that don’t fit standard categories.

Hollywood Info

Realist One
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ19
Outer Banks stars Chase Stokes, Jonathan Daviss, Rudy Pankow, and Drew Starkey are enjoying the show’s success but face challenges balancing public and private life. In a Cosmopolitan interview, the cast discussed the downsides of social media.
Daviss reflected on the difficulty of maintaining privacy as a public figure, noting how social media blurs the lines between personal and public life. Pankow shared his experience defending his girlfriend from online harassment, explaining how fans sometimes confuse the show’s narrative with real life.
Stokes emphasized the need for people to recognize the difference between “fictional characters” and the actors who play them. The rise of platforms like TikTok has made it harder to separate these worlds, he explained.
Starkey revealed he limits his social media presence due to its negative impact, calling it “cruel” and acknowledging his sensitivity. Despite the challenges, the actors appreciate the fan communities they’ve built, with Pankow noting how rewarding it is to see so many people enjoy their work.
Still, Starkey admitted it’s tough when the majority of fan interaction is tied to a single project, making it harder to branch out.
Season four of Outer Banks premieres on Netflix in two parts: the first on October 10, and the second on November 7.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...c-private-social-media-challenges-1236019512/

This is what you sign up for when you want to be famous.

It happens on a smaller scale in communities with gossip, so I don't know why he would be surprised that it'd be amplified by a million after becoming famous.

I also agree that social media is uncensored. A lot of people have been misled due to false information. I only use social media for rumours and not for something serious. I opined that real life matters should be separated from shows; they are fictions and should not be taken seriously.

I opined that real life matters should be separated from shows; they are fictions and should not be taken seriously.
While this is true, you can't imagine how many people are developing unhealthy parasocial relationships with influences, celebrities, etc.

It probably ramped up 100 times during the Covid lock downs and is normalized now.

Back
Top Bottom