• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Netflix Finally Adds ‘Detroiters,’ Called the Best Sitcom of the Decade

A thread introducing news about upcoming TV shows, series developments, or changes in the entertainment industry.

TV Info

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ274
After a short delay, Netflix has finally added Detroiters, a sitcom that fans call “perfect” and one of the best comedies of the last decade. The series, created by Ted Lasso's Sam Richardson and I Think You Should Leave’s Tim Robinson, follows two friends working at a family advertising agency. Originally airing on Comedy Central from 2017 to 2018, it was canceled too soon.

Detroiters has a 95% overall score on Rotten Tomatoes, with its second season achieving a flawless 100%. Fans celebrated its Netflix release, calling it “absolutely perfect in every way.” However, the brief delay frustrated users, who couldn’t find the show on its promised release date of October 15.

The show’s untimely cancellation mirrors Netflix's own tendency to ax promising series too soon, like Kaos, The OA, and 1899. Fans often criticize the streaming giant for not giving shows enough time to develop, similar to how Breaking Bad and The Sopranos needed multiple seasons to gain momentum.

Despite the frustrations, Detroiters’ arrival on Netflix offers viewers a chance to experience this hidden gem, with many hoping it might lead to a potential revival.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/netflix-tv-movies-detroiters-b2631589.html

I’m so glad that Detroiters is on Netflix. This was a very funny show which should not have been pulled off air. The author of the show did a great job. Having a 95% approval rating is not a joke. It means that many viewers love this show. It's a very nice comedy show to catch up with.

It's a great news that Detoriters is now on Netflix. It comeback indicated that Netflix values good shows. Detroiters’ ratings show that it is well received by the audience. I think it portrays what friendship and cooperation is all about. I want Netflix to continue giving more shows like Detroiters a shot.

Back
Top Bottom