• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Netflix and TED Team Up for New Word Puzzle Game ‘TED Tumblewords’

A thread for sharing news about game development, industry shifts, or key updates in the gaming world.

Game Info

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ14
Netflix has teamed up with TED Talks to launch a new word puzzle game called TED Tumblewords. The daily mobile game, inspired by hits like Wordle and Connections, will debut on Nov. 19 via Netflix and TED.com. Players can compete against friends, random opponents, or the TED Bot in quick, word-building rounds.

Announced at TEDNext 2024 in Atlanta, TED Tumblewords challenges players to slide rows of scrambled letters to form the longest words possible, earning points and creating word chains. The game will feature three unique daily puzzles designed to sharpen vocabulary and critical thinking.

Players can also collect Knowledge Cards with fun facts on TED topics like Psychology, Design, and Science. There will be social features like leaderboards and options to share victories online. Inspiring TED quotes will appear on loading screens.

Available for pre-registration on iOS and Android, TED Tumblewords will be free for Netflix subscribers, with no ads or in-app purchases. It’s Netflix’s latest addition to its gaming roster, which has grown to over 100 titles since 2021.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/gaming/news/netflix-ted-talks-word-puzzle-game-1236186651/

I've noticed the appearance of games on Netflix, but never really took the time to open one. I figured that if I wanted to play a game on my TV, I'd just use a console. Though, their games are more like "mobile games", which would feel quite odd playing on a 55" TV.

As I like forum word games, this might be right up my alley. I'll have to be on the lookout for when Netflix releases TED Tumblewords to see how it is.

Back
Top Bottom