• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

fit log My Fat Loss Journey

This thread allows the OP to track workouts, monitor progress, set goals, and share fitness achievements with the community.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ828
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
I was around 18% body fat, eyeballing it, and yet to have a test to determine where I am now. Per my phone's photo gallery, I began tracking my fat loss journey on July 24, 2024, by taking pictures of the final exercise result screens on the various fitness machines.

I'll post what I did on those days regarding the treadmill and other cardio machines to show that progress can be made. However, everyone needs to understand that progress is slow at first, it's just a matter of whether you want to start that journey or not.

30-minute-7-minute-1-mile.webp

Since some machines show different statistics, I will try to keep one easy-to-read formatted table for all my logs that includes all possible data, and an explanation if a lot is missing if I can recall why.

My target is a goal of anywhere between 6-8%, with 8% being more ideal so that I can enjoy some foods. I will get tested the next time I visit the gym and see where I am so this can be even more open, honest, and transparent.

It might complete a few days to complete my log as there are many sessions from then to now. Though, I'll continue to add to the log, even after I catch up, until I reach my target.

I was around 18% body fat, eyeballing it, and yet to have a test to determine where I am now. Per my phone's photo gallery, I began tracking my fat loss journey on July 24, 2024, by taking pictures of the final exercise result screens on the various fitness machines.
Is that you in the photo? I somehow got the impression that you were in your 60's. Good luck with all of this and do keep us posted. I don't think that I need to do much, as when I walk into a store heads turn and I get 'friendly' smiles...both male and female. ;)

July 24, 2024 was the first day that I hit the treadmill. I wanted to get my daughter into exercising and working out, so I wanted to set the example. I am almost too embarrassed to post this, coming from an easy 20 minute 3 mile when I was in my late teens/early 20s, even being hungover at the time while running it. This is nearly 15 minutes more than that, a mile less, and I had to do intervals of walking and jogging to make it!

Time34:51
Total (Mi)2.00
Climbed (Ft)122
Cal. Burned213
Cal./Hour366
Avg. Pace (Min/Mi)17:20
Avg. Speed (MPH)3.4
Avg. HR (BPM)142
MAX (BPM)179
METS4.6
WATTS77

I don't have the photo on my phone, but I am just elated that my 13 year old daughter was able to make it to 2 miles before me. She ended up taking a selfie with us two in it as she stood next to me while I was still struggling to reach my 2 miles.

Don't get me wrong here, and I'm not making excuses for it, but I am a meathead over a cardio enthusiast. I have muscle, and am strong with definition, but taking a run just wasn't it, especially this first one!

I guarantee it, that if it's your first time running, you can beat my 17:20 mile. And, I will salute you for that!

I am more into fast-paced walking inclines and stair steppers now for better fat burn, but always start my workouts with a 0.25-0.5 mile warmup run (or 5 laps around a full 3 court gym) to get the juices flowing, which I will post to motivate me to get to a sub-2 minute quarter mile (which should be closer to a 1:45 as it takes time for the treadmill to spin up to that speed up in the beginning).

Sorry to the rest of the world. I can't be bothered to convert to metric for each post. Just know 1 mile is about 1.6 km and quick math it yourself! 😆

Is that you in the photo? I somehow got the impression that you were in your 60's. Good luck with all of this and do keep us posted. I don't think that I need to do much, as when I walk into a store heads turn and I get 'friendly' smiles...both male and female. ;)
Oh, no. That photo is just a little motivation for everyone thinking that a mile is too long. Yeah, distance wise. However, you get there quicker the more you push it.

I'm in my mid-30s, so I have no excuse for being that out of shape, cardiovascular wise.

I shouldn't be able to bench 100kg/225lbs 10 times (42 reps was the maximum I ever hit, which is more than most NFL combine attempts, but they're on the field running and I'm not) and not be able to run a sub-14 minute 2 mile without breaking a sweat.

August 7, 2024​

I was determined to do better than the first time.

Time34:51
Total (Mi)2.29
Climbed (Ft)0
Cal. Burned262
Cal./Hour451
Avg. Pace (Min/Mi)15:12
Avg. Speed (MPH)3.9
Avg. HR (BPM)174
MAX (BPM)195
METS5.9
WATTS104

And, I did.

I shaved nearly 2 minutes off each mile (and went almost 1/3rd mile more). However, if you notice the feet climbed, it was at 0. This means that I was at an incline (unsure what percentage) the first time, but not here.

Though, if you look at my average heart rate and max heart rate here, you can see that even at at average speed of 3.9 mph, my heart wanted to beat out of my chest.

But, the important lesson here is that I got back on the treadmill 14 days after I first stepped on it and I was able to accomplish a goal of beating my previous "run".

August 9, 2024​

It seemed to be everyone's chest day in the gym, so I had to cut my cardio short because it took so long to get through my chest routine.

Time20:00
Total (Mi)1.32
Climbed (Ft)0
Cal. Burned146
Cal./Hour438
Avg. Pace (Min/Mi)15:07
Avg. Speed (MPH)3.9
Avg. HR (BPM)167
MAX (BPM)190
METS5.7
WATTS101

However, I was proud that I kept the same pace as on August 7th, albeit a mile short, and, my maximum heart rate seemed to drop. I don't know if that's a signal of cardiovascular improvement, or what.

I only burned 146 calories, but I also didn't intake as much that day either. At least, it burned off the calories in my post-workout protein drink.

One day at a time! :)

August 12, 2024​

This was done on another machine so it won't show the feet climbed, but I was at a constant 3.0 mph at an incline of 12%. Also, there was no heart rate sensor, but I could probably guess that it was beating out of my chest. It also doesn't display METS and WATTS, which I honestly don't know what that means; my best guess for WATTS is how many watts of power I could have generated to power something?

Time20:42
Total (Mi)1.00
Climbed (Ft)0
Cal. Burned142
Cal./Hour412
Avg. Pace (Min/Mi)20.42
Avg. Speed (MPH)3.0
Avg. HR (BPM)-
MAX (BPM)-
METS-
WATTS-

I don't have fat buildup in my body because I'm fit. But I don't neglect exercise either. It's been a routine and part of my daily activities. Keeping fit needs consistency. I think the best thing is to have a weight loss goal, say, down with 30 pounds in 2 months or so. It could start with walking just for 30 minutes each day and cutting down on sugary drinks. I believe there would be positive results with consistency and dedication.

I don't have fat buildup in my body because I'm fit. But I don't neglect exercise either. It's been a routine and part of my daily activities. Keeping fit needs consistency. I think the best thing is to have a weight loss goal, say, down with 30 pounds in 2 months or so. It could start with walking just for 30 minutes each day and cutting down on sugary drinks. I believe there would be positive results with consistency and dedication.
I've never been fat, but average.

During my bulking bodybuilding days to 100kg, I remained at 10-14% body fat.

My ultimate goal here is to once and for all push my physical limits and see how much fat I can lose. I want to be able to see muscle striations and fibers in my chest and shoulders. This will be very hard as I'll have to approach near 6% body fat or lower.

Back
Top Bottom