• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

other MrBeast, Amazon Sued by Contestants on ‘Beast Games’ Competition Show, With Allegations Including Sexual Harassment and ‘Chronic Mistreatment

For threads related to news, rumors, or discussions that don’t fit standard categories.

Cpvr

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,922
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
A class-action lawsuit has been filed against YouTube personality MrBeast and Amazon on behalf of five unnamed contestants from the "Beast Games" reality competition show, alleging "chronic mistreatment," sexual harassment, and more. The complaint, lodged on September 16 in Los Angeles Superior Court, outlines numerous claims of neglect and mistreatment of participants in "Beast Games." This Prime Video-ordered reality show featured over 1,000 contestants vying for a $5 million prize and is reported to have a $100 million production budget. A redacted version of the complaint is available for review.

The lawsuit is seeking class-action status for all affected contestants. It demands that Amazon and MrBeast’s company compensate participants for alleged unpaid wages and expenses, as well as pay unspecified punitive damages. Neither MrBeast (real name Jimmy Donaldson) nor Amazon has issued a statement regarding the lawsuit at this time.

The complaint asserts that Amazon, MrBeast's production company, and independent firm Off One’s Base LLC failed to provide minimum wages, overtime pay, or basic workplace protections, such as preventing sexual harassment and offering appropriate meal or rest breaks. Furthermore, contestants were allegedly subjected to "emotional distress" and "dangerous circumstances and conditions."

The lawsuit describes how contestants, while aware that the competition would be demanding, experienced conditions far beyond their expectations. Some participants were hospitalized, and others reported physical and mental health issues due to the alleged ongoing mistreatment and hostile working conditions, particularly for female contestants.

According to the lawsuit, participants were deprived of medical care, food, sleep, and essential hygiene needs. Due to the confidentiality provisions outlined by the defendants, certain portions of the lawsuit, including details about the sexual harassment allegations, have been redacted. The plaintiffs filed the case under pseudonyms to preserve their privacy.

The lawsuit aims to demonstrate a "pattern of sexual harassment," referencing examples from a "How to Succeed in MrBeast Production" handbook, which allegedly encouraged behavior that contributed to a hostile work environment. One female contestant, identified only as "Contestant 5," expressed her disappointment, stating, "I wanted to join because I was a fan of MrBeast... I expected to be challenged, but I didn’t think I would be treated like nothing. It absolutely felt like a hostile environment for us women."

Lead counsel Robert Pafundi emphasized that, despite the extreme allegations, the law is clear in this case. "Participants entered into contracts and were promised compensation... making them employees under California law," he explained, asserting that the defendants failed to provide the necessary protections and must now be held accountable.

As of now, there is no announced release date for "Beast Games" on Prime Video, although Amazon has promoted it as "the world's largest live gameshow" with "the biggest single prize in television and streaming history."

Source: https://variety.com/2024/digital/ne...st-games-contestants-class-action-1236148181/

Probably a $105 million production loss for Amazon, more if you include punitive damages, and Beast's reputation sunk and his bank account also hit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see MrBeast ultimately canceled and his channels slowly fade until the Unavailable screen on YouTube if all this unfolds unfavorably for him.

So it's true then. That's so crazy. He's still posting new content.
I would attribute this to a backlog catalog and the ability to film multiple videos at a time.

MrBeast reinvests a lot of what he earned into the business. I believe he now has the largest studios (warehouses) in North Carolina for filming because of his constant reinvesting.

Searching further into this, I found information on Studio A; Studio B which is stated to be used as prop storage; and Studio C on Fandom, except it doesn't provide the square footage of them. However, I've heard him mention how large they are on a Podcast before which paints them as massive 10,000-40,000 sqft buildings to film up 2-3 videos in each while having the height required for such productions as his Squid Game reproduction and others as necessary.

If you search Mr Beast Studios North Carolina, you can see that as of March 2024, he has bought more land in the area. So, it's only safe to assume he has (or had) plans for another studio or office to speed up post-production for his videos or to expand income opportunities by being able to lease out space to other film production companies while they're not in use exclusively by him.

Since he has multiple studios, he is able to film more than 1 video at a time. On the Podcast, he admittingly states multiple videos are simultaneously filmed and produced.

Additionally, he has outdoor challenges filmed on other people's property, leaving even more guessing room as to how many videos are in the production pipeline.

MrBeast is a pretty massive operation with 100+ employees. It's not just filming 1 video and dropping it on YouTube when it's completed.

So, we likely won't see the aftereffects of all this for a while if there are still 10~ videos that have yet to be completed. We might not even see any aftereffects on the videos themselves as the Beast Team has been deleting comments and silently editing his catalog, snipping out portions of the videos in YouTube Studios, too.

In all, it might just blow over as nothing if he has a lot of videos yet to be released and is quality content. The channel might not even see any consequences of anything because it'll be memory-holed if so since there is so much money involved now.

Las Vegas production staff call for Mrbeast to be blacklisted, will it happen though?

It's only getting worse for him...

But, we have to remember, he also has his own staff. If he got the footage, his crew could do the rest. He doesn't need to work with them on post-production.

This sounds more like unionizing to get a better deal than it does trying to help the victims of the games.

Back
Top Bottom