• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

movie Most Beautiful Island (2017)

For threads focused on discussing a specific movie, its plot, or reviews.
4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Most Beautiful Island

Tagline: Never tell the ending…

Genre: Drama,Thriller,Horror

Director: Ana Asensio

Cast: Ana Asensio,Natasha Romanova,David Little,Nicholas Tucci,Larry Fessenden,Caprice Benedetti,Anna Myrha,Ami Sheth,Miriam A. Hyman,Sara Visser,Natalia Zvereva,Sorika Horng,Fenella A. Chudoba,Andres De Vengoechea,John Speredakos,Brett Azar,Aurora Heimbach

Release: 2017-11-03

Runtime: 80

Plot: Chronicling one harrowing day in the life of Luciana, a young woman struggling to make ends meet while striving to escape her past. As Luciana’s day unfolds, she is whisked, physically and emotionally, through a series of troublesome, unforeseeable extremes.

Where to watch

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Ana Asensio

Luciana
    • Natasha Romanova

Olga
    • David Little

Doctor Horowitz
    • Nicholas Tucci

Niko
    • Larry Fessenden

Rudy
    • Caprice Benedetti

Vanessa
    • Anna Myrha

Nadia
    • Ami Sheth

Benedita
    • Miriam A. Hyman

Bikie
    • Sara Visser

Katarin
    • Natalia Zvereva

Ewa
    • Sorika Horng

Mai
    • Fenella A. Chudoba

Alina
    • Andres De Vengoechea

Jeremy
    • John Speredakos

George
    • Brett Azar

Johnny
    • Aurora Heimbach

Meredith
    • Jeffery Alan Jones (Sound)

Sound Re-Recording Mixer
    • Lauren Bates Jaffe (Costume & Make-Up)

Key Makeup Artist
    • Jenn Wexler (Production)

Producer
    • Chadd Harbold (Production)

Producer
    • Larry Fessenden (Production)

Producer
    • Noah Greenberg (Production)

Producer
    • Ana Asensio (Production)

Producer
    • Most Beautiful Island Trailer (2017)

• Trailer
    • Most Beautiful Island Official Trailer

• Trailer
    • Most Beautiful Island Trailer | Out Now On Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I was having trouble finding a new movie on Netflix last night, so I opened up Tubi and saw Most Beautiful Island (2017) recommended in the first batch of movies. It was "expiring today", which means you might not be able to catch it on Tubi after this. That's what caught my interest to want to watch it that night, so I looked more into it.

What caught my eye looking deeper into the film was that it was an independent film with a 5.8 rating on IMDb and a short run-time of 1 hour and 20 minutes. The run time was perfect, as I knew with Tubi commercials it'd make it a good feature-film length that I was prepared to watch anyway.

At the beginning of the Most Beautiful Island, it stated that it was inspired by true events. Right then, I was hooked. Even though I knew it was independent, a B-movie, and had a pretty low score, I love me some true stories.

The film starts off slow with maybe what seemed like 5 to 10 minutes of just women walking around. Ok, a little boring. Then, it started to build on the life of an immigrant to New York and her friend. A bit boring, but got interesting as to how hard-working immigrants carve their way in America.

It keeps following the life of one woman, the odd jobs she does, and the shenanigans she pulls to get out of paying for things.

But, the movie really doesn't explain much about anything until the last 10 minutes or so.

This is where I have to ask if it's inspired by true events, are all Hollywood movies inspired by true events or did some Hollywood movie at some time inspire this true story? It has such a bizarre and weird ending that makes you question the elite, and then if you think deeper, Hollywood in general.

Even though it's so slow for probably over an hour, the ending made it all worth it.

The movie creates a whole lot of suspense, I feel so uncomfortable. It's a story of a woman that is all alone and fighting. The ending is unexpected. It's more like solving a puzzle and struggling to figure out what it is. I'm giving the move a 4 star ratings.

Back
Top Bottom