• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

feedback Looking for Input: Should We Create a Religion and Politics Forum?

For users to provide suggestions or feedback about the RealShit community.

Should RealShit introduce a section for these topics?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only religion

• Yes, but only politics

• Total voters

RealShit

Realist One
RealShit Staff
Real Admin
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ8,162
Many large forums include sections for religious and political discussions, where most members engage in respectful and civil conversations.

Should RealShit introduce a section for these topics?

Take the poll and discuss.

I had wanted to ship this in and now that you mentioned it. I would say- it's a welcome development. I want our forum to expand so that we can have a lot to discuss.

where most members engage in respectful and civil conversations.
Hahahaha! Where did you see this? It's *NEVER* going to be civil and respectful...never! Before you create this accept that fact and determine that you will give members a pass to be as spiteful and vindictive as they want to be within reason, or don't create it at all. :devilish:

Last edited:
I had wanted to ship this in and now that you mentioned it. I would say- it's a welcome development. I want our forum to expand so that we can have a lot to discuss.
We're open to the idea as long as it doesn't overflow into other forums, unless those topics are related to politics or religion, such as music to movies in those genres. For example, if there’s a thread about a new iPhone release and someone brings politics into the conversation, that would be problematic.

If we do introduce this, we’ll also roll out an "ignore forum" and "ignore thread" feature, allowing users to stop seeing anything that becomes too uncomfortable for them without needing to ignore the user posting that content in other areas of RealShit, as it will only apply to those specific forums and threads.

Hahahaha! Whee did you see this? It's *NEVER* going to be civil and respectful...never! Before you create this accept that fact and determine that you will give members a pass to be as spiteful and vindictive as they want to be within reason, or don't create it at all. :devilish:
You can engage in civil and respectful discussions about religion and politics. It’s okay to get heated at times, but outright personal attacks won’t be tolerated; however, you’re free to challenge the ideology as much as you like.

One of the most respected forums features a dedicated section for politics and religion:

Several other major boards with large communities effectively manage respectful discussions on these topics or have members who willingly choose to opt out of participating in them.

If you find that you might attack the person rather than the idea, it might be wise to opt out of discussions about religion and politics. Such behavior can lead to a breakdown in the community and create a perception that harassment and personal attacks are acceptable throughout the entire forum.

We're open to the idea as long as it doesn't overflow into other forums, unless those topics are related to politics or religion, such as music to movies in those genres. For example, if there’s a thread about a new iPhone release and someone brings politics into the conversation, that would be problematic.

If we do introduce this, we’ll also roll out an "ignore forum" and "ignore thread" feature, allowing users to stop seeing anything that becomes too uncomfortable for them without needing to ignore the user posting that content in other areas of RealShit, as it will only apply to those specific forums and threads.
You are so right! That's the essence of getting in some rules. This will enable censorship. The ideas of 'ignore thread" threads features sound amazing as well. It's for the sanity of the forum.

You are so right! That's the essence of getting in some rules. This will enable censorship. The ideas of 'ignore thread" threads features sound amazing as well. It's for the sanity of the forum.
On a side note, the "ignore threads" and "ignore forums" features will be available throughout RealShit, not just for religious and political discussions. If you decide you no longer want to see a particular forum or thread, that choice will be entirely up to you.

A person of intellect should be able to deconstruct anyone's argument to make them look stupid without calling them stupid.

Just my opinion.
Negative, if someone's opinion is flat out stupid, then the poster is stupid by association and ought to be called out as such. Politeness and political correctness is boring. But then again being straight forward in today's hypocritical enviroment can not only get one banned, but can get your forum(s) shut down as well. But having had both happen to me, I was able to at least keep my self respect...no regrets. :cool:

Politeness and political correctness is boring.
Politeness and decorum has always been a thing in political debates, it's not just "today".

I was in high school 20 years ago in debate. I could argue the idea and then call them stupid at lunch. Doing the latter first world result in a failing grade.

There's a time and place...

Politeness and decorum has always been a thing in political debates, it's not just "today".

I was in high school 20 years ago in debate. I could argue the idea and then call them stupid at lunch. Doing the latter first world result in a failing grade.

There's a time and place...
You are an idealist living in a realistic world. Israel is done away with idealism and is now dealing with things in a realistic way. Kill the bastards and show no mercy. I take the same approach as the IDF when it comes to political debates, and living my life in general.:devilish:

Back
Top Bottom