• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

movie Legion of Brothers (2017)

For threads focused on discussing a specific movie, its plot, or reviews.
4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Legion of Brothers

Tagline: A secret war never ends.

Genre: Documentary

Director: Greg Barker

Cast: Jason Amerine,George W. Bush,Mark Nutsch,Clifford J. Richardson

Release: 2017-05-19

Runtime: 79

Plot: Afghanistan, immediately post-9/11: Small teams of Green Berets arrive on a series of secret missions to overthrow the Taliban. What happens next is equal parts war origin story and cautionary tale, illuminating the nature and impact of 15 years of constant combat, with unprecedented access to U.S. Special Forces.

Where to watch

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Jason Amerine

Himself
    • George W. Bush

Himself (archive footage)
    • Mark Nutsch

Himself
    • Clifford J. Richardson

Himself
    • Frank-Peter Lehmann (Camera)

Director of Photography
    • Vinnie Malhotra (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Jean-Pierre Caner (Editing)

Assistant Editor
    • Greg Barker (Production)

Producer
    • Kerstin Emhoff (Production)

Co-Executive Producer
    • Diane Becker (Production)

Co-Producer
    • Zheng Jia (Sound)

Sound Designer
    • John Battsek (Production)

Producer
    • Peter Bergen (Production)

Producer
    • Robin Schwartz (Editing)

Editor
    • Tresha Mabile (Production)

Producer
    • Philip Sheppard (Sound)

Original Music Composer
    • Amy Entelis (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Tyler Gurd (Production)

Associate Producer
    • Legion of Brothers Trailer #1 (2017) | Movieclips Indie

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I saw Legion of Brothers pop up on Tubi last night and thought to myself, "Great! Another war movie that I haven't seen yet." So, I added it to my list to watch. I had an hour or two to spare this afternoon, so I decided to put it on. Moments into it, I realized that it wasn't a movie, but a documentary. However, I was into it seconds too deep to turn it off and watched it through.

It mainly centered around the Green Berets first insertion into Afghanistan after 9/11, both on Direct Action Team 595 and 574, but more of the former and how they aligned with the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan to be able to topple the Taliban and al-Queda so quickly with a mere 100 Special Forces in total.

The documentary also covered one of the biggest mistakes that senior leadership made while there. On the day the Taliban was going to surrender, they decided to drop a 2000-pound JDAM bomb to, probably give them a sign that it was over, and to follow through or more pain would come. However, the coordinates of the bomb were relayed wrong, and instead of hitting its intended target, a cave in the mountain, it hit danger close/atop Direct Action Team 574. This caused the first American casualty in Afghanistan after 9/11 to be J.D. Davis of DAT 574.

Through the tales told, you couldn't hear the horrors of war in their voices, but you could see them in the eyes of those speaking the words. This came especially true when a Green Beret who did 26 combat/tours was telling his story; you could see the emptiness in his eyes.

The documentary ended where it all began: A trip to New York to the memorial site of where the Twin Towers once stood.

If you're into documentaries, the stories told, and the regrets had, is worth the listen.

Legion of Brothers is a true story of courageous soldiers who decided to make the world better and save a war. These special forces known as Green Berets with local partner were able to neutralized the Taliban forces. It indicates a great start by a small group that really made a huge impact. This movie depicts the military courage and compassion

Legion of Brothers is a true story of courageous soldiers who decided to make the world better and save a war. These special forces known as Green Berets with local partner were able to neutralized the Taliban forces. It indicates a great start by a small group that really made a huge impact. This movie depicts the military courage and compassion
Not only neutralizing the Taliban and Al Queda but doing it with 100 Special Forces Green Berets is an amazing feat of war.

Back
Top Bottom