• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

tv series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999)

For threads discussing TV shows, episodes, or series-related content.
4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 1 Votes

Genre: Crime,Drama,Mystery

Director: Dick Wolf

Cast: Mariska Hargitay

First aired:

Last air date:

Show status: Returning Series

Overview: In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Where to watch

Streaming: Buy: Rent:
More details on TMDb

Trailer Cast Videos

• Mariska Hargitay

Olivia Benson
    • Opening Title Sequence (Theme Song)

• Opening Credits
    • Benson and Stabler: A Look Back at a 25-Year Partnership | Law & Order: SVU | NBC

• Featurette
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit continues to reach new heights. Already a record-breaker with the most episodes in the Law & Order franchise, it stands as one of the longest-running shows on television, boasting over 500 episodes. Olivia Benson, portrayed by the legendary Mariska Hargitay, holds the title of the longest-running character in TV drama history. With six Emmy wins and nearly 20 nominations, the show now celebrates its 25th anniversary—a milestone that means it’s old enough to drive, drink, buy a lottery ticket, and even rent a car without hefty fees.

Even after 25 years, concerns about the show becoming stale or repetitive are unwarranted. While some episodes and story arcs have been stronger than others, Season 25 demonstrates that the show remains as captivating as ever. It continues to evolve, addressing contemporary issues, especially those arising from technological advancements.

I love court and police drama series that keep it as real as possible.

Law & Order: SVU is a series that I can get hooked on. I don't think I'd ever binge-watch the entire 25 years as that'd take months. However, it's good to know that you could pick up on practically any season and watch it for the underlying cases they solve and not necessarily for the storyline of the men and women in uniform.

That said, knowing that SVU sometimes bases their stories on true crimes is kind of heartwrenching and gut-turning. I try not to think of the true aspect of it, and only for the entertainment, or it would completely ruin the show as it would anger me that there was an actual victim of a crime shown in an episode.

I'd give this a 4 out of 5 as there are good episodes and some that drag. Also, I can't recall 25 years of shows to give it a solid 5.

If you wish to post an episode for this TV show, enter the Season and Episode numbers:
Back
Top Bottom