• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Is anyone invested in meme stocks (GameStop, AMC, etc.)?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ589
Title Glow
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
I invested pretty heavy before the January 2021 run of both GME and AMC, but I thought they had the potential to go higher.

And they did, in June 2021.

However, the greed in me thought they could go higher in a 3rd run.

I probably wouldn't have been here if I listened to my wife and sold in June, having enough profit to buy a second house, have plenty left for a luxury or sports car, and pad my retirement account.

But, here I am, at the end of 2024, still holding.

I'm now down around 70%. My options are the only thing holding me up that high or else I'd be more around an unrealized loss of 90%.

I've lost so much money — that I was willing to lose — that I'm at a point where there's no way I'm selling until I'm at a profit again, or at least breakeven on my options to let the shares ride.

Did anyone else get caught up in the meme frenzy and walk with loaded pockets, lose any selling out of fear, or still in "the play"?

I’ve personally never invested into the Gamestop stock, but some of my friends have and they also lost some money.

I currently own 889k shiba inu coins, but I plan to invest some more into soon. I had over a million a few months ago, but I sold some when the price was high.

I currently own 889k shiba inu coins
I have roughly 30 million. :oops:

Yesterday, technically speaking, $AMC had a pretty good day to see a push. We're just going to need to break to 50ma and we might see a large pop in price. If that happens, I could sell 1/2 my contracts and break even on my entire investment, letting the rest ride.

I have roughly 30 million. :oops:

Yesterday, technically speaking, $AMC had a pretty good day to see a push. We're just going to need to break to 50ma and we might see a large pop in price. If that happens, I could sell 1/2 my contracts and break even on my entire investment, letting the rest ride.
How much did you spend to get that many if you don’t me asking? My mom has a few million as well and one of my buddies does too. I need to step my game up before it goes back up. How has AMC been performing lately?

I also have 37 Pi network coins that I mine through the app. I’m not sure how much it’s worth yet since I haven’t transferred them over to the mainnet yet.

I wish I invested something into the Reddit stock when they went public lol. Their stock might be a good investment.

How much did you spend to get that many if you don’t me asking? My mom has a few million as well and one of my buddies does too. I need to step my game up before it goes back up. How has AMC been performing lately?
I invested exactly $0 into my cryptocurrencies.

I was part of a grey-hat network that had a combined 100s, if not 1000s, of emails that we used for various purposes (blog posting, etc.).

Stellar ($STR at the time, now Lumens, $XLM), did an "airdrop" of 100-1000 STR (I forgot the exact amount) to each email account. We added them into one wallet and then distributed them amongst us proportionately to how many emails we provided.

But, I am way down on my investment.

Had I just kept my ~150,000 STR, I'd be far better off because I immediately converted it to something like 60-40 Bitcoin/Ethereum (which would've given me Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold forks). I did the math on it before, and just with the ETH, I'd be at over $200k.

Back
Top Bottom