• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic How Do You Deal With Social Anxiety?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Unvarnished

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ698
Blinker
Bolden Your Name
IMG_20241022_072128_(1080_x_566_pixel).webp
I know a friend who is currently struggling with social anxiety. It's been so difficult for him to cope because he gets nervous in crowds, and keeps worrying about what others think about him. Sometimes, he feels overwhelmed.

Can anyone share tips to deal with this?

For me, practising mindfulness helps a lot. This is done by deep breathing exercises, meditation, and yoga. This has helped to calm my nerves. If you have a social gathering to attend, you can prepare ahead of time and arrive early. It will help to prevent being overly anxious.

Writing down my thoughts and feelings has helped me get out of anxiety. I also listen to songs that boost my confidence. I also try to remind myself that it's okay to feel anxious and that it's something I've overcome before.

I think that your friend is having low self esteem problem. This is why he keeps being too worried about what others think of him. I don't think he loves himself enough. Let him start practicing self love more. He's going to be alright. He should also try as much as possible to avoid being in crowded places.

Back
Top Bottom