• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Hollywood Stuntman Ron VanHart Still Thriving as a Farmer After Thrills of Action-Packed Career

For threads sharing current events, updates, or important information.

Hollywood Info

Realist One
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ19
Ron VanHart, a veteran stuntman from the golden age of Hollywood North, now finds joy in a quieter but equally fulfilling career: farming. He runs a stand at the Newmarket Farmers’ Market, selling organic produce, and treasures the local connections he's built over the years. “The market is my baby… people love us,” VanHart says proudly.

Before farming, VanHart’s life was all about action—jumping cars, falling from helicopters, and working as a stunt double for stars like Sylvester Stallone and John Travolta. But in the early 2000s, a back injury sidelined him, leading to two years of recovery. Doctors found two major breaks and several old, untreated fractures in his spine, nearly affecting his spinal cord. VanHart attributes his current health to a clean, protein-rich diet, much of it from the organic food he’s been growing since 1984.

Raised on a farm established by his immigrant parents in 1949, VanHart’s journey into stunts began with his love for demolition derbies and wild car stunts he practiced on the property. By the 1980s, as Toronto’s film industry exploded, VanHart found himself in high demand as a stuntman, working non-stop on commercials, TV shows, and movies.

Now in his late 60s, VanHart enjoys cultivating heirloom tomatoes and other vegetables alongside his wife, Loretta, and their family. For him, the thrill of meeting customers and providing fresh, organic produce is just as rewarding as his former high-speed stunts.

Source: https://www.innisfiltoday.ca/local-...gtime-hollywood-north-stuntmans-world-9618174

Wow! Ron shot really good scenes in movies but now he is cultivating delicious fruits and vegetables😂! Sounds funny and hilarious at the same time. Funny, because I can’t phantom the relationship between farming and stunt moves. He just wants to feed people and make them happy with whatever he prepares for them.

Wow! Ron shot really good scenes in movies but now he is cultivating delicious fruits and vegetables😂! Sounds funny and hilarious at the same time. Funny, because I can’t phantom the relationship between farming and stunt moves. He just wants to feed people and make them happy with whatever he prepares for them.
Sometimes one passion leads to another.

I'm sure he's set for life from the stunts he's done, so now he's doing what truly makes him happy.

Back
Top Bottom