• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news God of War Series Restarts After EPs Depart, Sony and Amazon Seek New Writers

A thread introducing news about upcoming TV shows, series developments, or changes in the entertainment industry.

TV Info

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ274
Sony and Amazon are hitting the reset button on their God of War series for Prime Video after the departure of key executive producers, Rafe Judkins, Hawk Ostby, and Mark Fergus. Though the trio completed several scripts, the studios are seeking a new creative direction and will hire a fresh writers' room.

Judkins, known for Wheel of Time, remains under an overall deal with Sony for other projects, despite leaving God of War.

The series, based on PlayStation’s hit video game, follows Kratos, the ex-Spartan warrior turned God of War, as he embarks on a journey with his son to fulfill his late wife’s final wish. Along the way, Kratos confronts new gods and monsters in the Norse realm, testing their father-son bond.

The God of War franchise spans seven games since its 2005 PlayStation 2 debut, making the upcoming series a highly anticipated project for Sony and Prime Video, despite the current shake-up.

Source: https://deadline.com/2024/10/god-of...ducers-depart-new-writers-joining-1236118075/

I don't understand what went wrong with the initial writers of the series. Now, new writers will have to take up this job. I just hope they do not deviate from the story of the video game. I just want to see more of Kratos' adventures in the series. They are truly epic.

This should be a fresh start for God of War. I believe that the new writers bring new ideas. Just for them to tap into all the cool stories in the video game. Possibly, they will make characters even more cooler. I want them to develop the story of Kratos and his son really well. I’m sure it would make the show incredible.

Back
Top Bottom