• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

music For the first time in over two years, Drake has missed the Billboard Hot 100 entirely.

For threads introducing new music releases, discoveries, or recommendations.

Cpvr

RealShit Staff
Real Moderator
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ350
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
For the first time in over two years, Drake has missed the Billboard Hot 100 entirely.

His impressive 125-week streak, lasting from May 14, 2022, to October 5, 2024, now stands as the second-longest of his career.

Drake’s momentum seems to have slowed significantly, especially after a high-profile loss to Kendrick Lamar in their ongoing rap rivalry. Some wonder if that defeat has taken a toll. However, looking back at the data, there are patterns behind his chart absences.

In the past six years, Drake has only gone three weeks without charting on the Billboard Hot 100. While this marks the latest instance, the previous two dates are noteworthy:

• His last absence occurred on May 7, 2022. That same weekend, Kendrick Lamar announced Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers, with “The Heart Part 5” dropping shortly after.

• Before that, on September 11, 2021, Drake didn’t chart as Family Ties by Baby Keem and Kendrick Lamar was released the week prior, with The Melodic Blue following on September 10th.

• Prior to these, his longest stretch without a chart appearance happened during the fall and winter of 2017.

Interestingly, these gaps often align with key releases from PgLang-affiliated artists.

Despite the pause, it’s only a matter of time before Drake returns to the charts with new music, ready to extend his reign.

Do you think Drake will return to the top billboard charts again?

That's so interesting! It was only recently that Drake was not on the top 100 Billboard Hot list. It was a big surprise to me but arguably the beef that exists between him and Kendrick Lamar played a big role in this. That's my take anyways.

That's so interesting! It was only recently that Drake was not on the top 100 Billboard Hot list. It was a big surprise to me but arguably the beef that exists between him and Kendrick Lamar played a big role in this. That's my take anyways.
I'm not surprised. Kendrick Lamar is a lyrical monster. The diss track was one of the most overplayed songs this year.

People don't remember when Kendrick Lamar went off on the control remix?

The diss track was one of the most overplayed songs this year.
This is probably the sole reason he fell off. But, to fall off a full 100, that's rough.
Do you think Drake will return to the top billboard charts again?
He'll go back to the drawing board (his marketing team) and come up with a club banger if anything.

I don't think he's done yet.

This is probably the sole reason he fell off. But, to fall off a full 100, that's rough.

He'll go back to the drawing board (his marketing team) and come up with a club banger if anything.

I don't think he's done yet.
He has a new track coming out soon with a Mexican artist. He might be able to do well with that track and reach a different crowd for a while.

He has a new track coming out soon with a Mexican artist. He might be able to do well with that track and reach a different crowd for a while.
If it has a chorus or bars in Spanish, that could reach peak levels of reach, guaranteeing him a spot on the top 100.

I don't understand what genre this is supposed to be. Traditional Mexican music?

Pretty bad not to break 1 million views in 3 days.
I’d say it’s under the class of “Reggaeton” music because of the beat, but it’s also a regional sound that’s popular in Mexico.

The track embraces the regional Mexican sound that’s been doing huge numbers around the world over the past few years, though it shifts into something that sounds a bit more like a Drake track toward the end.

Back
Top Bottom