• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Favorite search engine?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Cpvr

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,922
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
What’s your favorite search engine? Do you like to use Google, Bing, or DuckDuckGo?

Personally, I like to use Google, but there are days when I’ll use Bing as well.

The first search engines that I used were Ask Jeeves, Excite, and Altavista. You probably couldn't even recognize those names now. Then, I got my first email address, @yahoo.com, and learned that Yahoo! was a search engine too. So, I switched all my searching over to there as it just made life simpler.

Google finally came along and changed search as I knew it, forever, by providing more accurate search results.

I'm now hooked on Google, but I know that they hide and derank pages that could be exactly what I'm looking for, having me go pages deep to find what I searched for. Because of that, I'll now switch between Google and DuckDuckGo (Duck) to get the best results I'm searching for.

I've maybe touched Bing once, and it turned me off that it was essentially a clone of Google's homepage at the time. I'm sure if the UI was different, I would've used it more often to see if it gave good results.

The first search engines that I used were Ask Jeeves, Excite, and Altavista. You probably couldn't even recognize those names now. Then, I got my first email address, @yahoo.com, and learned that Yahoo! was a search engine too. So, I switched all my searching over to there as it just made life simpler.

Google finally came along and changed search as I knew it, forever, by providing more accurate search results.

I'm now hooked on Google, but I know that they hide and derank pages that could be exactly what I'm looking for, having me go pages deep to find what I searched for. Because of that, I'll now switch between Google and DuckDuckGo (Duck) to get the best results I'm searching for.

I've maybe touched Bing once, and it turned me off that it was essentially a clone of Google's homepage at the time. I'm sure if the UI was different, I would've used it more often to see if it gave good results.
Ask jeeves was so long ago. I remember using it too along with Yahoo, but now Bing powers Yahoo.

I’m looking forward to OpenAi’s upcoming search engine though. Hopefully it’s as good as Google’s.

Back
Top Bottom