• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

movies Do you watch movies more than once?

movies

Bawse

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,158
Most movies that I watch, I wont watch more than once.

How about you? Do you rewatch movies after you already seen them?

Yes I do, that's because there are so few good ones. When I find one that I like I will watch it 2 or 3 times at least. But I will wait at least a year between viewings.

@Aufscherin Yeah they need to come out with better movies. I usually prefer TV shows if I can find a good one because they last longer, and I can put a show on in the background.

I'll rewatch movies on accident sometimes and have a déjà vu moment halfway through that I already watched it, but I still have to finish it because I can't quite remember the ending.

Because of this, I created a spreadsheet of movies I've watched about a year ago and keep adding to it. However, I don't just list the movie and be done with the entry. I also add the date, venue so I can quickly find it again if I want to rewatch it, and a note for an additional memory. The notes are things such as "watched with wife on birthday" or "saw at Cinema (Screen #) in seats A & B — good seats/or/get G and H or nearer to there if watching on Screen # again with X, Y, Z". This is because if I lose memory in my old age, I'll essentially have a journal dedicated to movies and time spent with people watching them.

Others, I'll rewatch on a pretty frequent basis, but as @Aufscherin mentioned, it'll be spaced out a year or so.

I've probably seen Saving Private Ryan the most, followed by Interstellar, as I'm into war and "space" movies.

Yes, I do. There are a few movies that I’ve watched more than once. I’ve probably watched Scarface about twenty times, the same with American Gangster, 8 Mile, and Shooter.

I like watching shows more movies though.

I was discussing watching movies multiple times with my wife a few nights ago as we started to watch Logan Lucky for the second time. She ended up falling asleep because she realized that she was watching the same movie, but I still saw it through.

The next day, I had a theory on psychology and watching movies for a second time without realizing it. I believe that Hollywood came up with a way to maximize profits by getting you to watch a movie a second time without realizing it because you could just remember a scene from a trailer and shrug it off that you haven't seen the movie before, possibly leading you to watch it later down the road for a third time.

This theory, of course, would be a conspiracy theory. However, it's evident that movie trailers have changed from the 90s to now. Trailers back then crammed 25+ scenes into one clip and never really gave away the full plot of the movie. On the other hand, movie trailers today can pretty much sum up a movie with longer scenes from it. With the new trailer format, you can get the feeling that you've watched it before because so much is told in the preview, while that was never the case before.

I tested this with just one movie. I went back to compare the trailer of Twister (1996) to Twisters (2024).

Twister (1996)

Twisters (2024)

If you watch the trailer for Twister from 1996 and then start watching the movie, you probably won’t feel like you’ve seen it before during the movie. But with the trailer for Twisters, it’s different. The trailer gives away so much that while watching the movie, you might feel like you’ve already seen it. A year later, if you decide to watch Twisters (2024) again because you saw it hit streaming and watched the trailer before watching it (again), you could feel like you’ve seen it before. However, you might brush it off and think it’s because of the trailer and not because you’ve already watched the movie.

Or, it could all be a coincidence and trailers had to change because our attention span has changed from social media influence.

I have movies on my devices that I have watched many times over. If a movie is worth it and I really enjoyed it I would want to watch it over and over again.

I have movies on my devices that I have watched many times over. If a movie is worth it and I really enjoyed it I would want to watch it over and over again.
I'm presently watching 'The Curse of King Tut' for the 2nd time, pretty good stuff.
Be sure to add the titles to Movie Night.

I'm a huge movie junkie and (used to) watch 1 to 2 movies a night before bed. Now, I'm just down to one. However, I can only pull inspiration from "recommended" lists on streaming platforms, which sometimes doesn't interest me, and I go to bed without watching anything. Having an entirely new list that's not curated specifically for me might give me something new to watch, something new that I otherwise wouldn't have.

I plan on using Movie Night as a way to add to my spreadsheet of movies to watch/have watched. I'd make the spreadsheet public, but it includes personal notes/journaling on where I watched it, and if at a theater, what cinema and seats so I know where to sit next time, and who I watched it with. Perhaps I could just copy/paste the Title, Movie, Release Year in its own thread and update it as it grows... About the spreadsheet, I definitely watched way more titles than that; I just started doing it recently so that I don't watch movies over again, or know that I'm going to watch a movie again.

Yes, I do watch movies more than once, and I love re-watching my favorite. What keeps me coming back is, I discover new things each time I re-watched. There was a time I discovered hidden jokes and secret characters in one of the movies I watched 5 times over. The Incredibles and Finding Nemo are some of the movies i have watched multiple times. They never get old to me.

I've watched Star Wars and Harry Potter over and over again. I get a grasp of some details I might have missed in the first watch and I also enjoy how the characters were made. There is absolutely something very special about watching with some of my friends and family, It's so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom