• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

movies Do you use subtitles?

movies

NatureFreak

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ112
I love to follow along with every conversation being made in movies. Sometimes if I didn’t hear clearly what was said I rewind to watch many scenes again. That is why I usually watch with subtitles, so that I won’t miss a thing.
But it’s surprising to hear others say that they find subtitles distracting.

Do you watch with subtitles on or off?

I'm a native English speaker and I still watch movies with English subtitles on.

There are countless times I've been interrupted during a line, be it from traffic outside to a noisy military jet or helicopter overhead to the kids knocking on the door.

It's easier to hit pause and read the line before continuing the movie again over rewinding a few seconds to hear the line be spoken again.

I like to look at the subtitles, especially when I'm watching an American or traditional Korean movie. The accent and the local language make me switch immediately to subtitles. I also use the subtitles if there is background noise.

I have issues processing audio so even if I'm watching a show in English I still like to have subtitles on. My wife is also the same way, I've always tend to watch my favorite shows with subtitles though.

I only use subtitles for movies with non-english parts. I prefer when movies are fully in English. I've only watched one movie where it was all subtitles, Apocolypto.

Back
Top Bottom