• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do you use 12 hours or 24 hours format?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Ja sa bong

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ162
Ever since I've been a kid, it was 12 hours format I was taught when learning how to tell time. As I grew up, I started getting used to the 24 hours format. It's what I love using more now. It sounds so professional using the 24 hours format.

What's your favourite between the use of 12 hours or 24 hours format?

In the military, we used 24-hour time, and in Japan, up until recently as you just mentioned it, I believed that it defaulted phone clocks to 24-hour.

It looks like my phone is set to 12 hour now. Though, I couldn't tell you if I changed it or not after an upgrade.

However, when writing, I will use 24 hour at times to not confuse people on the exact time I mean.

Before, I was only familiar with 12-hour time system but I also learned the use of 24-hour time system recently. Now I use both. The 12-hour clock is perfect to use in daily conversations with friends or relatives. However, when it comes to time tables, travel times, or work shifts, the 24 hour clock should be adopted.

Yea I think both clocks are useful, but I am currently in a 12 hour time zone at home because it helps me avoid confusion. If I say; I have a flight 3 am or pm, people can understand me easily. I mean, it's straightforward. That is why using the right clock for the right situation makes life easier.

I'm not good with using 24 hours format. I only know 12 hours format and that's what I've used all my life. This is why I don't make use of digital wrist watches because most of them are set in 24 hours format default.

Back
Top Bottom