• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do you trust anyone 100%?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Aufscherin

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ59
Halo of Righteousness
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
I used to when I was a small child but that all changed by the time I was 12. My father was a drunk and my mother was in and out of the shrink's office and was even put away in a nuthouse for awhile. I couldn't rely on them for anything at all. Fast forward to my teenage years and everyone lied to me, and then came my youth. I was cheated on and ripped off, and my money was stolen etc.
Worst of all is that I learnt that most are two faced and will betray you if they can get away with it. Today I am incapable of trusting another human being. Trusting means leaving yourself open to deception. I trust no one and only pretend to in order to get things done. How about you, are you a trusting person?

Today I am incapable of trusting another human being.
I have hope in certain people, but nothing is for certain. I had a handshake deal with the previous RealShit admin, but when shit hit the fan and he couldn't take the pressure of having to manually restore this forum after a catastrophic database failure, I lost hope in that agreement.

I was also ripped off in a business deal when I was around 13. I chose to partner with a graphics designer for my primarily text based game for that reason and that he had a Tier 1 advertising account, meaning my hundreds I was already making would turn into a thousand or more. I asked for 50-50, as it was only fair, and it would've nearly doubled my revenue. He decided that was 50 too much and cut off my hosting access, as I migrated to his plan.

I now have quite a bit of business experience, and an MBA under my belt. Everything serious goes through lawyers with contracts now. As for this forum agreement, it wasn't that big of an investment on my part, until it got bigger and the agreement would be solidified in writing.

My past military experience makes me more strong minded about how I conduct myself and I rely on that past experience to tell me who I can trust.

How about you, are you a trusting person?
No, and yes.

I fully, 100%, without a doubt, trust my wife. If I didn't feel that way, we wouldn't be married.

I hope things in your life turn around—there is good out there. Sometimes, you just need to seek it out.

I was also ripped off in a business deal when I was around 13. I chose to partner with a graphics designer for my primarily text based game
Wow only 13? You must have been a pretty sophisticated kid! I must admit to being impressed, and I don't impress easy. That's a total drag how the former owner of this forum gave you the gears like that...*not* cool.:(

Wow only 13? You must have been a pretty sophisticated kid! I must admit to being impressed, and I don't impress easy. That's a total drag how the former owner of this forum gave you the gears like that...*not* cool.:(
Yeah, I got into gaming at around 9, but was more interested in how a game worked than playing them. So, I got to work on learning PHP, and the rest is history.

It was a pretty shitty situation I got myself into, but a good life lesson when I got over it.

I trust my mother 100%. I've let her hold onto thousands of dollars for me before, so I wouldn't get robbed.
You are lucky as I could not trust either of my so called parents for anything. I'm glad that you have at least one person in this cold world that you can trust. Some of us have no one at all.

I trust my mother 100%. I've let her hold onto thousands of dollars for me before, so I wouldn't get robbed.
Oh, how could I forget my mother too? 100%.
Some of us have no one at all.
It's a process. You need to start that process.

You're looking at this from such a pessimistic view. You show someone your bright side, they'll show theirs. It's not always going to play out as easily as that, because that's life. That said, there could be someone you could 100% trust out there, for as long as you're prepared to be hurt in the process finding that person, recover from it, and find the next.

Same here. My mom is the only person that I trust with my entire heart and soul. My dad was the only other person that I could trust too, but he’s no longer here anymore.(rip).

I also have a couple of other people that I know I can trust.

Back
Top Bottom