• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

discuss Do You Think Actors Can Make Good Money?

This is a thread to discuss anything related to movies.

ActionAce

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ620
Title Glow
Halo of Righteousness
Acting is a noble profession and we've seen quite a number of actors make good money and amass wealth for themselves. But I didn't say that all of them make good money because based on the facts at my disposal, a good number of them are still struggling to make ends meet. Meaning that success is rare, but it's not impossible.

How can actors make millions of dollars?
They can make cool six figures because a leading role can take home $20M+ per film, endorsements earn $1M+ per deal and streaming is also very lucrative.

But I didn't say that all of them make good money because based on the facts at my disposal, a good number of them are still struggling to make ends meet.
I would say that there's a large subset of actors that spend outside of their means in an attempt to further their careers. This could be like going out to lavish parties to meet others in the industry, where prices per ticket can be in the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. Even if they write this off as a business expense, it still doesn't cover where they need to live to mingle with the people they need to be recognized more.

Just like every industry, networking is probably key to millions. Networking in Hollywood is probably and expensive thing to do.

A lot of actors make great money. I think it's a hard industry to get into if you don't have any prior experience, or don't have an acting background.

A lot of actors make great money. I think it's a hard industry to get into if you don't have any prior experience, or don't have an acting background.
This headline came to mind from that:
Barkhad Abdi was paid just $65,000 for his Oscar-nominated role in Captain Phillips
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...00-Oscar-nominated-role-Captain-Phillips.html

look at me threat GIF

Well renowned actors make loads of money. The challenge is the breakthrough to that stardom, but once you are there you are in money. You need to hear what the likes of Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson make for their appearances.

Back
Top Bottom