• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

fitness Do you exercise/workout?

This general fitness thread covers all aspects of fitness, including workouts, nutrition, wellness tips, lifestyle changes, and fitness advice.

Bawse

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,158
I don't workout very often anymore, but every once in awhile I get motivated to do push ups.

How about you? Do you like to work on your fitness?

I have an exercise bike and a rowing machine but I hardly ever use them. I just get too busy and forget to exercise. I really should get back into it, I do situps every so often though.

I don't workout very often anymore, but every once in awhile I get motivated to do push ups.
This is how I began. I learned that firefighters do 40 pushups a day and then looked up why. Doing 40 pushups per day reduces cardiac arrest by a significant amount.

I didn't want to do just flat pushups though as I wanted to build my upper chest first, so I would put my feet up on the couch to mimic doing an "incline bench" with pushups. So, I started at a measly 5, or maybe, 6 repetitions in one set. As the days and weeks went on, I reached 10. Then, I got stuck on a long plateau of 36, but was finally able to reach 40 after about 2 months.

You have to start somewhere if you're going to start. I laugh at the thought that I could have only done 5 pushups now.

I now do flat dumbbell presses and then move on to incline dumbbell presses. However, I'll still wake up and do the occasional set of pushups.
How about you? Do you like to work on your fitness?
I am on a fat-loss journey starting at around 18% body fat. I go to the gym every other day and sometimes do double days (Monday, Tuesday, then Wednesday off, and then Thursday, repeat, or just one time every other day).

I can now see the "diamonds" on my calves, thighs, and triceps pretty well. My abs aren't as visible because I have excess skin and water retention there, but they'll show soon enough.

I will do a quarter-mile run at 6.2 mph, trying to get it in under 2 minutes and 25 seconds, which I'm sure would be much more possible on a track as a treadmill gradually speeds up to the top speed instead of, for instance, of you hitting it directly at 6.2mph. Because I want to improve my quarter-mile time, I will run to 0.33 miles (1/3rd mile) and hit it around the 3-minute 10-second mark.

Then, I'll do a HIIT-style workout with every set to technical failure - or the "jail style" workout (why people come out of jail so jacked).

After my workout, I hit the treadmill again for a "quick start" workout that runs for 60 minutes. I average a 3.2 mph pace at 10-12% grades.

My last walking climb, yesterday, I did an average speed of 3.2 mph for a time of 65 minutes, going a distance of 3.51 miles and climbing 1,910 feet.
I have an exercise bike and a rowing machine but I hardly ever use them.
There's always time. You just need to find it.

Just try to watch a YouTube video while on them. Put them to use! :p
I do situps every so often though.
I quit doing situps in favor of planks for my core because situps aren't too good on the hip flexors after a while.

Something to think about.

I've been considering buying Thread Locker One and using a locked thread (no one can reply), instead of Google Sheets, to log my fitness activity. Then you can see, day by day, progress can be made, but you just have to start, @Bawse.

By the way, I engage in a number of physical activities which include jogging, gym and swimming plus yoga too. These are some of the exercises that help me to increase my level of activity throughout the day. At some point in time, they also assisted me with my fitness journey as well.

Back
Top Bottom