• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

fitness Do you drink protein shakes?

This general fitness thread covers all aspects of fitness, including workouts, nutrition, wellness tips, lifestyle changes, and fitness advice.

Bawse

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,158
I love protein drinks, my favorite are muscle milks. I need to get a big jar of a protein mix, so I can make them at home.

Do you like protein shakes?

muscle milks
Muscle Milk is probably the most flavorful one, but I believe it only has 25 or 26 grams of protein. I need more than that (and calories) for my goals, so I pick up a thicker Lean Body with 40g.

I pre-workout with MET-Rx 32g protein bars because they also have the 42g carbs to help me power through.
I don't go near them, too many calories...fattening.
There's quite a large selection of protein drinks where the calories in it are essentially just from the protein. However, you will get gassy from these if you don't have enough carbs in your diet.

Isopure, for example, has 32 grams of protein with 0 carbs and a total of 130 calories. A plus for it is that it's a "juice" instead of a milky base, so you can enjoy it over ice. Perhaps you don't even need 32g, since I think that you mentioned you're 125 lbs before, so half a bottle (16g/65 calories) over ice after a workout could be a good choice for you.

Back
Top Bottom