• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

music Do you dislike any music genres?

For threads introducing new music releases, discoveries, or recommendations.

Bawse

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,158
I'm not a fan of metal/screamo music. I don't mind most music, but I really dislike metal.

Are there any music genres you won't listen too or hate?

Nope.

I can pretty much listen to everything.

If I'm working out, it's rock/metal; if I'm on the treadmill, it's rap/hip-hop; and even if I'm studying, it's classical/jazz.

About the only thing I don't listen to is old school country. I don't hate it. I just don't enjoy it.
Ok, you got me. I don't listen to country.

There are some tolerable songs, but they are far and few between. Usually, it'll be a rock/country mix that I will listen to. Does that count as country though?

Ok, you got me. I don't listen to country.

There are some tolerable songs, but they are far and few between. Usually, it'll be a rock/country mix that I will listen to. Does that count as country though?
Same here. There are some songs that I’ll listen to depending on the lyrics and beats, but I’m not really a fan of country music.

I don’t like jazz music either.

My parents listen to country. It's not something I'll put on but I don't mind it.
I think there's an era of country that's tolerable, and then an era that's not.

However, that could be said the same for hip-hop, rock, etc. fans too.

I think there's an era of country that's tolerable, and then an era that's not.

However, that could be said the same for hip-hop, rock, etc. fans too.
I like hip hop, but I don't like all hip hop, so I agree with that. I think the same can be said for all music genres.

I like hip hop, but I don't like all hip hop, so I agree with that. I think the same can be said for all music genres.
Yeah. When we speak of music genres, it seems like we're speaking of what they are now.

However, there's a significant difference between 90s hip-hop and hip-hop today.

So, it's more likely that you like a subgenre of music, but not the encompassing genre that we think of it as today.

Jazz was the first music genre I ever listened to. My Dad was into it and would play actual records of it when I was a kid. :)
My papa and nana used to play Oldies and country music. I couldn’t get into oldies music though. There are some country songs that I like though.

I'm not a fan of Rap or Dubstep. My dad raised me on heavy metal, so any time my sister was listening to rap music he'd start bitching about it. I'm not like that though, I don't care what someone listens to, it's just music and it's a good outlet to escape from the real world. But I'm sure that's why I never really got into rap much.

There is quite a lot of music, and it varies. The type of music to choose is a matter of our preferences. I don't like jazz, but I do respect those who can't do without it .

Back
Top Bottom