• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do you celebrate your birthday?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Ja sa bong

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ162
Birthday is a big celebration of life. There are many people who go out of their way to celebrate their birthday with friends and family. I used to be like that but as I got older, it doesn't appeal to much to do the same thing again.

How do you celebrate your birthday?

I would prefer not to, but my family thinks otherwise.

They'll throw the party. I'll just eat up the delicious dinner and cake. :-P

It's been a while since I threw a party for my birthday. I think it was when I clocked 28. Of course, I acknowledge the day I was born and I always pray and receive warm wishes from family and friends. Appreciating god for the gift of life is enough for me.

Our mindset about birthdays change as we grow! In simple words, when we were younger, we feel that celebration is great, but as we grow in age, at some point we might not need to go out and socialize with other people, sometimes we just need company of our families and friends. That's all. Now, I prefer celebrating my birthday with limited number of people.

Birthdays are adventure days for me. So, I go out jumping and can even try new recipes in my kitchen just to celebrate my day. It is a day that I learn something new about myself. The past year, I spent my time with friends going for a camping trip. But now, the tradition as to change. I want to do something I have never done before, like creating something memorable.

I celebrated my birthday last after my university days when I was doing my 1 year National Youth Service Corps program. This was in 2014 if I remembered correctly. Since then, I've not celebrated it again.

I would prefer not to, but my family thinks otherwise.

They'll throw the party. I'll just eat up the delicious dinner and cake. :-P
I wish I'm still living with my parents. I know they would love to throw a birthday party for me every year. I miss them so much but I can't eat my cake and still have it since I decided to leave home.

Back
Top Bottom