• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do you believe in love?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Aufscherin

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ59
Halo of Righteousness
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
I do not, it's a silly word that poets and songwriters use. And men also use it in order to try and seduce naive, unrealistic women who often get what they deserve. They deserve it because they are merely looking for a meal ticket and security.
What a load of horse manure! It's by far the most deceptive game that people play. I have yet to meet anyone who is good at it. I've only met those who ~think~ that they are good at it.

Why don't we get honest? Here are some words that foolish lovers use, I'll post the realities in red:
love...mating
relationship...arrangement
marriage...bondage
devotion...indoctrination
monogamy...sacrifice
faithful...deception

love...mating
marriage...bondage
devotion...indoctrination
monogamy...sacrifice
faithful...deception
From being in a loving marriage, these are wildly so far off, so far off to be considered antonyms.

I can't even begin to figure out where to start replying to this.

Love is mating? Give me a break, man.

Do you love your mother, father, sister, brother...? What does love in that instance mean then?

Love is mating? Give me a break, man.

Do you love your mother, father, sister, brother...? What does love in that instance mean then?
Yes that is what I believe, without sex there is nothing...nothing at all. Tell me why do you presume that I am a man? Have I indicated that I am? I hate my parents and it is reciprocal. I only like 1 of my sisters, have no use for the others. I only like her, don't love her. I have never loved anyone or anything in my short life. ( I am not very old )

Never love anyone or anything too much, because if you were to lose the thing that you love you will be destroyed ya?:devilish:

You don't love your family? Yeah I believe in love, but I don't love anyone back. 😂
I hate my so called family with the exception of my youngest sister, she' o.k. She is a long haired Wiccan like me...go figure.;)

Yes that is what I believe, without sex there is nothing...nothing at all. Tell me why do you presume that I am a man? Have I indicated that I am? I hate my parents and it is reciprocal. I only like 1 of my sisters, have no use for the others. I only like her, don't love her. I have never loved anyone or anything in my short life. ( I am not very old )
Do you like her enough to carry her over burning hot lava, knowing that you will be gravely injured or even die to get her safely to the other side?

There is a line between "like" and "love", and it's not mating.

I love my sister enough to do that, and my wife. Neither of them (especially my sister) would have to give me sex for me to do that for them, because I unconditionally love them, not "like" them or "unconditionally like" them.

This thread has invoked passionate responses. My conclusion is that emotional people 'love' while unemotional, detached people do not as they are incapable of it.. The thread title is "Do *YOU* believe in love?' I deny it for myself but that never meant that it does not exist for you, or indeed at all.

As to sacrificing myself for another, yes I would. Not because of love I can assure you of that, but more out of a sense of duty and also because I do not fear death.

Not because of love I can assure you of that, but more out of a sense of duty
Your loving duty to help them.

Love encompasses so much more than mating, you're just choosing to ignore that, but somewhat admit that a duty is involved, somewhere.

Is it my duty to do the dishes for my wife? No, because it's typically job. However, if I see her struggling, I do my duties and assist with hers.

Loving someone comes with duties to perform and act on attached to it, much more than mating.

Why don't we get honest? Here are some words that foolish lovers use, I'll post the realities in red:
love...mating

I'm not fixating on mating at all, I was going to go point by point, but I couldn't even get past this one with how ridiculous it was.

You keep bringing up 'mating' as if fixated on it...not getting enough at home are you? :cool:
I don't support no-fault divorce because I believe it makes a mockery out of marriage. If no-fault divorce were abolished, a lack of intimacy could be considered strong evidence for constructive abandonment in a marriage, and thus, a legitimate divorce.

You could probably guess from my belief in ending no-fault divorce whether or not I'm satisfied in that aspect of my marriage, because if I didn't believe in the abolishment of no-fault divorce, that could be a reason to go to the courthouse and get a same-day, no questions asked, divorce.

However, circling back to what you definitively stated, "mating" isn't the only component of love. I cannot move on to the next bullet point of "relationship" until I've built upon the foundation that love does not only equate to mating.

I believe I got you to wiggle some by encompassing some parts of "love" as a "duty", but that duty referred to, as seen by the general masses, would in fact be love, whether it's towards a sister, mother, or another member of society.

I'm not fixating on mating at all, I was going to go point by point, but I couldn't even get past this one with how ridiculous it was.
Not ridiculous at all but completely relevant. If a woman suddenly decides for whatever reason that there is to be no more sex (mating) then the professed 'love' that the man has for the woman would vanish in short order. He then would be looking for a suitable alternative, then profess his 'love' for her. 'Love' is a big lie based on the need for men to MATE.

Not ridiculous at all but completely relevant. If a woman suddenly decides for whatever reason that there is to be no more sex (mating) then the professed 'love' that the man has for the woman would vanish in short order. He then would be looking for a suitable alternative, then profess his 'love' for her. 'Love' is a big lie based on the need for men to MATE.
You're making generalizations about how all men and women look at marriage. However, I partially blame no fault divorce for your view.

A wife going through chemo that just can't? A husband that gets double amputeed because of an IED in war?

Till death do us part.

Until then, whether you want to believe that because a wife or husband that just can't due to a medical condition, or other reasons unbeknownst to us, will end a marriage because no mating can occur is definitely up to you.

But, it's not a widely accepted view throughout the world on what marriage truly is and should be.

You're making generalizations about how all men and women look at marriage. However, I partially blame no fault divorce for your view.

A wife going through chemo that just can't? A husband that gets double amputeed because of an IED in war?
Do you honestly believe that the healthy parties in these 2 examples you used would not cheat behind their spouses back in time? If you truly believe that, then you have led a very sheltered life.

Do you honestly believe that the healthy parties in these 2 examples you used would not cheat behind their spouses back in time? If you truly believe that, then you have led a very sheltered life.
I'm not saying all cases are equal, but I won't make the generalization that all will as you've implied.

Human nature is what it is. I'll concede to a certain degree and replace "all" with the word "most".:cool:
At least I got you to wiggle some on your idea there, albeit I don't agree with the "most" terminology either.

I applaud you for changing your view from "all" to "most".
I can agree with this one to an extent. A relationship is essentially an arrangement. You enter different types of relationships, or agreements, with people, and can change those arrangements at any time.

You would have to narrow it down to what type of relationship you're talking about here so that it can be further refined and not be generalized.

Certainly, a work relationship is different than a marriage relationship. But, it's arguably the same. The termination of the arrangement at work is when you are fired, laid off, give your notice, or quit, while the termination of the arrangement in a marriage is currently acceptable at-will of either party. However, the arrangements of both are very different in outcomes and expectations.

Back
Top Bottom