• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do you believe in love at first sight?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

ActionAce

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ623
Title Glow
Halo of Righteousness
It happened to me when I was in high school. There was this brilliant boy in my class. I liked him and really want us to date, but he's not looking in my direction despite how beautiful I am😂.

He was one of a kind back in the day. Now, I've grown past that!

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes. The moment my eyes locked with my wife's when we first met, I instantly knew she was the one, somehow. Call it intuition, call it what you will.

Here we are 18 years later.

Yes. The moment my eyes locked with my wife's when we first met, I instantly knew she was the one, somehow. Call it intuition, call it what you will.

That's so impressive! I wouldn't say it doesn't work but it does in few cases. I and my husband went through the learning process, it wasn't love at foresight but we've been married since 2013.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in 'lust' at first sight. In my view 'love' (whatever that is) has nothing to do with it. 'Love' is a word that males freely use in order to seduce the gullible female into sex...end of story. Remove the sex for whatever reason and the 'love' that the male professes, vanishes into thin air, and he wil fall in 'love' with another female in short order.

I believe in 'lust' at first sight. In my view 'love' (whatever that is) has nothing to do with it. 'Love' is a word that males freely use in order to seduce the gullible female into sex...end of story. Remove the sex for whatever reason and the 'love' that the male professes, vanishes into thin air, and he wil fall in 'love' with another female in short order.
This is an overgeneralization of men.

There are many handicapped couples unable to have sex. How would you explain those relationships in this quid-pro-quo model?

My friend, you nailed it! That's how most of the men are wired. They go to the next, once sex is out of the equation. Love takes a long process and not a fire brigade thing.

Co-dependency and double the disability cheques from the govenment. It's a question of simple survival.
So, let's put this hypothetical out there.

A man and a woman get married, presumably because the sex is good, as you seem to believe everything is centered around sex. The man just so happens to be a military man and goes on a deployment where an IED takes his dick, balls, and legs. He's able to draw up to around $10,000 a month from the Veterans Affairs because of disabilities incurred in combat, has full medical retirement/insurance/life insurance, and is also eligible to have a full-time caregiver or draw an extra stipend if he chooses his wife to be one. If it's not for the sex anymore, then why are they still together? Why would the marriage last? Why is it the man that needs the sex? Wouldn't the woman leave the man because she's no longer able to have her sexual desires filled? You seem to blame the man, but there are many cases where it's the woman.

Is the wife then the co-dependent in this situation because her financial situation changed by double and she doesn't need to do the dirty work? Or does love exist in this scenario?

Wouldn't the woman leave the man because she's no longer able to have her sexual desires filled?
What your little fairy tale left out is that the woman is getting her sex on the side behind the man's back. You left that part out in your hypothetical, you left it out becuse it doesn't fit your narrative. But in reality that is what would happen in *REAL* life..

No I don't. I believe the bond is created with that person over time. You can be attracted to each other at first sight, for sure.

Wow! Congratulations my brother. It's not easy to get married and stay married for 18 years today. With the rate of divorce happening all over the world, it's rare to see couples be together for a very long time.

My girlfriend left our relationship after giving birth. She didn't want to be part of the child's life in any way.

Back
Top Bottom