• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Do people truly change their personality over time?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Harsh World

Real Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ589
Title Glow
Italify Name
Atomic Wasteland
I've been thinking a lot about whether people truly change their personality over time or if they merely adapt to different situations and environments around them to reflect different characteristics.

Can someone who's naturally impatient ever really become a patient person, or are they just better at hiding their impatience? I'm curious about what others believe. Are our core traits fixed, or can we genuinely change ourselves?

Over time and in different relationships, have you noticed real change in yourself or someone else?

I believe that your personality never really changes, but you adapt to the circumstances that you're in. If you're impatient, you'll always be impatient. However, if you are at a long funeral, you're not going to show signs of that, rather sit back and conform to the mourning around you.

Very good question and a real brain teaser. My view is that we stay the same but develop our personalities in a more intense way over time. I am very assertive these days but always was to a point just not as much as now. See my avatar, not very diplomatic and friendly looking right? Now that I feel more at ease here I am going to change it to better reflect how I feel here. An evolution of sorts just like with our personalities.:cool:

I think when you're younger you go through different personalities, but as you get older your personality stays pretty much the same.

I think when you're younger you go through different personalities, but as you get older your personality stays pretty much the same.
Stays the same or do you learn how to control what was once considered "childish behavior" to you now?

Back
Top Bottom