• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Dan Fogelman Develops NFL Family Drama Series for Hulu

A thread introducing news about upcoming TV shows, series developments, or changes in the entertainment industry.

TV Info

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ274
Dan Fogelman is expanding his collaboration with Hulu, as the streaming platform orders an NFL-themed family drama series from the This Is Us creator. While specific plot details remain under wraps, the show will center on a generational family story set within the world of professional football.

Fogelman will write and executive produce, teaming up with Jess Rosenthal under their Rhode Island Ave. Productions banner. Skydance Sports’ David Ellison, Jesse Sisgold, and Jason T. Reed will also serve as executive producers. 20th Television and Skydance Sports are set to produce the series. Fogelman, who has an overall deal with 20th TV, continues his strong presence at Hulu.

Fogelman’s history with sports dramas includes co-creating Pitch, about the first woman in Major League Baseball. His extensive TV career includes the acclaimed This Is Us, Galavant, and The Neighbors. In film, he’s written Cars, Tangled, Crazy, Stupid, Love, and more. He’s also directed Life Itself and Danny Collins.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dan-fogelman-nfl-family-drama-series-hulu-1236178521/

I'm not really into football, but two really good movies centered around football, but mainly family, that I've seen are The Blind Side and American Underdog.

This might be a watchable series since it mentions that it's about a generational family story.

Is anybody into football/the NFL to take a stab at which player it could be focused on if it's a generational player (as in their father could've been in the NFL, and maybe their grandfather too)?

I must say that it's a great move by Hulu. Dan Fogelman has shown with his previous projects how well he can tell tales that belong to different generations and adapting him to the NFL setting is indeed a sure bet. Skydance Sports’ partnership makes it more realistic and 20th Television even make it more guaranteed that we will get quality production as well.

Fogelman’s deal with 20th TV remains lucrative for Hulu to this date. I expect this series to not only concentrate on football. It should be appealing to many people. That way, it becomes broader to accommodate more people.

Back
Top Bottom