• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Cameron Diaz Reveals Why She Left Hollywood a Decade Ago and Why She’s Returning

For threads sharing current events, updates, or important information.

Hollywood Info

Realist One
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ19
Cameron Diaz, once one of Hollywood's biggest stars, took a break from acting in 2014 after her last role in Annie. Now, ten years later, she’s back with several projects and is opening up about her decision to step away and what ultimately led her return.

Speaking at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit, Diaz shared, “It felt like the right thing for me to do to reclaim my own life. I didn’t care about anyone’s opinion, success, or offers. Nothing could change my mind about taking care of myself and building the life I wanted.”

Over the past decade, Diaz married Benji Madden of Good Charlotte, had two children (Raddix and Cardinal), and launched Avaline, a clean wine brand, with business partner Katherine Power.

Now, Diaz is returning with Netflix’s Back in Action alongside Jamie Foxx, premiering in January 2025. She’s also reportedly involved in Shrek 5 and is in talks for a new project with Keanu Reeves called Outcome.

Explaining her comeback, Diaz said, “After Covid, my family was comfortable staying at home, but I knew I had to push myself. My husband, who is the best, encouraged me. He said, ‘It’s time for us to support you and let Mommy do her thing.’”

Diaz couldn’t resist joining Foxx for Back in Action, saying, “Jamie said, ‘Come with me,’ and I couldn’t say no. It’s our third film together, so it’s really great.” The two previously co-starred in Annie and Any Given Sunday.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...aving-hollywood-decade-ago-return-1236032813/

I never noticed her absence from movies. That's how little I pay attention to actors and their lives.

However, if she's coming back, she better be up to par as she was before leaving Hollywood. Otherwise, just stay away and retire on a high note with a good filmography under your belt.

There is nothing wrong in Cameron Diaz taking some time off to just be a regular person. There are instances where people require time to figure out what makes them happy, so that was what happened to Diaz. Then it's good that she understood that she needs to make her life better, and it is completely fine to do so.

There is nothing wrong in Cameron Diaz taking some time off to just be a regular person. There are instances where people require time to figure out what makes them happy, so that was what happened to Diaz. Then it's good that she understood that she needs to make her life better, and it is completely fine to do so.
Nothing wrong with it at all.

I was just saying that if you're going to leave for 10 years, you should come back just as strong of an actor as you left because the impression of how well of an actor (actress) you were will be judged by the last films you were in. If they end up being terrible, she won't be known for her strong role in Charlie's Angels, but for the awful movies she put out before retiring from Hollywood for good.

Now that she returned to acting, I want to see her new projects. Her life experience demonstrates that it is necessary to look after oneself and follow your desires. Her break might even be to strengthen her knowledge of acting the more. Who knows!

Back
Top Bottom