• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Bizindustry has been sold, merging with AdminJunkies

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Cpvr

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,922
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
According to BizIndustry’s owner, Alex, Bizindustry will be merging with AdminJunkies relatively soon.

Here’s the update from Alex:

Dear Admin Junkies,

After talking with @joelr privately I am pleased to share with you that Bizdustry's content will soon be merged with Admin Junkies.

I am excited to announce an evolution and an exciting new path for the Bizdustry community! Today marks a new era for Bizdustry, as we will offer new pathways for our members to participate in a broader array of discussions than ever before.

For existing members of Bizdustry, your member data and content will be transferred to our partner at Admin Junkies, one of the largest and most trusted forums in the webmaster niche. Once migrated to Admin Junkies, you will be able to immediately jump into a decade's worth of forum promotion, digital marketing, SEO, and admin discussions. Admin Junkies will also be the home of Bizdustry's topics in investment, business news, earning money, cryptocurrency, and general forum discussion.

Bizdustry itself will be redefining itself for the future in an electrifying new manner. Same name, but with a new vision and focus on Electric Bikes!

Thanks,
Alexander

What do ya’ll think about this? Is it a good move or not really?

I never heard of Bizdustry, but admin-junkies can probably benefit from the content, and maybe a few other their members.

I never heard of Bizdustry, but admin-junkies can probably benefit from the content, and maybe a few other their members.
They’re two different niches. Biz industry was once a paid to post forum and they were more focused on crypto content where adminjunkies is a admin/webmaster forum, so it’s kind of a weird merge.

I keep hearing that Admin-Junkies is merging with all these other odd forums, creating one large forum.

However, they are alienating their original user base in doing so by merging with forums that have no interest in the original forum.

It's like if I owned a dog forum, then bought a cat forum and merged the two, then bought a hamster forum and merged it, it might work. But if I bought a snake forum and merged it, it might not work.

We'll just have to see the direction it goes from here.

Who knows? Maybe Internet Brands or Fora picks it up next for even a larger sum and everyone is happy, besides the original users.

They’re two different niches. Biz industry was once a paid to post forum and they were more focused on crypto content where adminjunkies is a admin/webmaster forum, so it’s kind of a weird merge.

I guess that content can help a bit. They should have kept both sites as their own.

I keep hearing that Admin-Junkies is merging with all these other odd forums, creating one large forum.

However, they are alienating their original user base in doing so by merging with forums that have no interest in the original forum.

It's like if I owned a dog forum, then bought a cat forum and merged the two, then bought a hamster forum and merged it, it might work. But if I bought a snake forum and merged it, it might not work.

We'll just have to see the direction it goes from here.

Who knows? Maybe Internet Brands or Fora picks it up next for even a larger sum and everyone is happy, besides the original users.
Every community that Fora has purchased has basically been ran into the ground. Theadminzone used to be a nice community, but it turned to a graveyard after they took over.

It’s better for forum
Owners keep their forums far away from them if they approach them to buy it.

While eating breakfast, this thread came to mind again.

What if this is Internet Brands/Vertical Scope's method of acquiring forums now?

Get a third party to make a smaller offer, acquire and merge other forums at lesser value, and then when all the mergers are done, merge the final forum into the respective holding companies.
  • Vertical Scope/Fora ($FORO.TO) has a market cap of $179 million; and
  • Internet Brands is now private but owned by KKR & Co. Inc. $NYSE:KKR with a market cap of $116 billion, private equity Warburg Pincus that has $90 billion in assets under management, and Temasek with $382 billion in assets under management.
They get them as cheap as possible and save a lot in equity that could've been issued in the deal by making the acquisitions through 3rd parties with a lower-than-market-rate figure, saving equity on top of it.

It won't surprise me in 6 months to a year if Internet Junkies has a Internet Brands or Fora footer.

Every community that Fora has purchased has basically been ran into the ground. Theadminzone used to be a nice community, but it turned to a graveyard after they took over.

While this might be true for the users who were a part of the community before, they can still rake in enough to break even with the content serving up relevant and high-paying CPC ads. For as long as they keep the traffic and outbound advertising at a constant ratio, they will have no problem being profitable. I believe that is their ultimate business model, unless it's something greater like being funded by social media to drive forums into the ground so that social media stays on top. If the latter is the case, it's irrelevant whether the forums fail or not as they will just collect what they can out of it while they can for additional funds.

With private equity involved in Internet Brands, the model could be taking loans out against the value of the forums that they never intend to pay anyway, profiting on the loan they never intend to pay.

This doesn't come as a surprise to me. That Alex guy needs to learn how to manage forums better. His problem started when he stopped paying his members all of a sudden without even feeling remorseful. He didn't pay them a dime for the work they had already done. You can't eat your cake and have it. Karma calling!

Back
Top Bottom