• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

music Best Rapper Alive

For threads introducing new music releases, discoveries, or recommendations.

Bawse

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ1,158
Who do you think is the best rapper alive?

Kendrick Lamar is who I think is the best right now, and not just because of "Not Like Us". I've been a fan for years.

My favorite rapper is/was Nipsey Hustle, and current favorite is Quando Rondo.

I think Eminem by far.

If Kendrick ever wanted to start a beef, and if Eminem had legitimate reasons to respond, as he did when MGK brought Em's daughter into it, Eminem could find a way to easily destroy him in a hit song that would probably be the biggest chart topping diss track of all times.

Kendrick would have to just silently move on...

I don't ever see that happening though, because the fame Kendrick already has.

Small artists only go after Eminem in hopes that he'll make a career for them by just mentioning them. In one song, I can't recall, Eminem even references such by stating that he named them just to give them a career to destroy it and then went on to completely obliterate them so they couldn't have a career from the mention. It was such a good attack, I don't recall who it was for—possibly MGK again?

Dr. Dre is still good too. He has a lower voice than most rappers, which gives him a unique appeal.

I will have to listen to more Kendrick Lamar to see if I can rank him up with Eminem. So many people are mentioning that he's the best, but I have honestly only listened to his Drake diss, Not Like Us.

That said, Eminem's list:
Eminem - Till I Collapse said:
I got a list, here's the
order of my list that it's in
It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, 2Pac and Biggie
Andre from OutKast, Jada,
Kurupt, Nas, and then me

From his list, 2Pac and Biggie were big when I was a kid. Still throw those two on during workouts too.

I hate to be a party pooper but I don't care for rap. Don't hate it but just can't get into it. What I detest is the way a lot of them flat out copy each other, it's outrageous.

I hate to be a party pooper but I don't care for rap. Don't hate it but just can't get into it. What I detest is the way a lot of them flat out copy each other, it's outrageous.
You might like 90s-2000s hip-hop and rap then.

There was definitely a shift in hip hip-hop and rap after, I'd say 2015, where the most talked about thing became the subject of songs, as well as styles changing with trends, for example SoundCloud rap then mumble rap. However, there are artists that make their own print that can't be duplicated by anyone else, but those are very few.

Kendrick Lamar is incomparable although Eminem and Drake are very close but he takes the cake. It’s his flow and words that make him the best. His music always lifts my spirits because it is so positive.

Kendrick Lamar is incomparable although Eminem and Drake are very close but he takes the cake. It’s his flow and words that make him the best. His music always lifts my spirits because it is so positive.
Eminem and Kendrick Lamar are in their own lanes. Drake makes pop music. He’s more of a singer than an actual rapper tbh.

Eminem and Kendrick Lamar are in their own lanes. Drake makes pop music. He’s more of a singer than an actual rapper tbh.
Beyond that, I'd wager that because Drake already came from money, he started and continues to have ghostwriters.

That kills it for me. You can't even write your own raps or produce your own beats? Come on now.

Beyond that, I'd wager that because Drake already came from money, he started and continues to have ghostwriters.

That kills it for me. You can't even write your own raps or produce your own beats? Come on now.
Exactly. He was a star on Degrassi before he started making music. He should at least learn how to write his own music or make his own beats. One of his ghostwriters quit a few years back when Meek Mill called him out🤣

Exactly. He was a star on Degrassi before he started making music. He should at least learn how to write his own music or make his own beats. One of his ghostwriters quit a few years back when Meek Mill called him out🤣
Was it Safari? Don't even get me started on Meek Mill lol. I'm ashamed I was a fan.

Back
Top Bottom