• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

tv series Band of Brothers (2001)

For threads discussing TV shows, episodes, or series-related content.
4.50 star(s)
4.50/5 2 Votes

Genre: Drama,War & Politics

Cast: Damian Lewis,Donnie Wahlberg,David Schwimmer,Eion Bailey,Ron Livingston,Matthew Settle,Michael Cudlitz,Neal McDonough,Scott Grimes,Shane Taylor,Ross McCall,Frank John Hughes,Nolan Hemmings,Michael Fassbender,Dexter Fletcher,James Madio,Richard Speight Jr.,Rick Warden,Kirk Acevedo,Rick Gomez,Peter Youngblood Hills,Nicholas Aaron,Douglas Spain,Dale Dye,Matthew Leitch,Peter McCabe,Craig Heaney,Peter O'Meara

First aired:

Last air date:

Show status: Ended

Overview: Drawn from interviews with survivors of Easy Company, as well as their journals and letters, Band of Brothers chronicles the experiences of these men from paratrooper training in Georgia through the end of the war. As an elite rifle company parachuting into Normandy early on D-Day morning, participants in the Battle of the Bulge, and witness to the horrors of war, the men of Easy knew extraordinary bravery and extraordinary fear - and became the stuff of legend. Based on Stephen E. Ambrose's acclaimed book of the same name.

Where to watch

Streaming: Buy: Rent:
More details on TMDb

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Damian Lewis

Richard D. Winters
    • Donnie Wahlberg

C. Carwood Lipton
    • David Schwimmer

Herbert Sobel
    • Eion Bailey

David Kenyon Webster
    • Ron Livingston

Lewis Nixon
    • Matthew Settle

Ronald Speirs
    • Michael Cudlitz

Denver 'Bull' Randleman
    • Neal McDonough

Lynn 'Buck' Compton
    • Scott Grimes

Donald Malarkey
    • Shane Taylor

Eugene Roe
    • Ross McCall

Joseph Liebgott
    • Frank John Hughes

William 'Wild Bill' Guarnere
    • Nolan Hemmings

Charles 'Chuck' Grant
    • Michael Fassbender

Burton 'Pat' Christenson
    • Dexter Fletcher

John Martin
    • James Madio

Frank Perconte
    • Richard Speight Jr.

Warren 'Skip' Muck
    • Rick Warden

Harry Welsh
    • Kirk Acevedo

Joseph D. Toye
    • Rick Gomez

George Luz
    • Peter Youngblood Hills

Darrel 'Shifty' Powers
    • Nicholas Aaron

Robert 'Popeye' Wynn
    • Douglas Spain

Antonio C. García
    • Dale Dye

Robert Sink
    • Matthew Leitch

Floyd 'Tab' Talbert
    • Peter McCabe

Donald Hoobler
    • Craig Heaney

Roy W. Cobb
    • Peter O'Meara

Norman 'Foxhole' Dike
    • Tom Hanks (Production)

• Erik Jendresen (Production)

• Erik Bork (Production)

• Billy Fox (Production)

• Tony To (Production)

• Stephen Ambrose (Production)

• Joel Ransom (Crew)

• Gary Goetzman (Production)

• Greg Powell (Crew)

• Remi Adefarasin (Crew)

• Steven Spielberg (Production)

• Eugene Kelly (Production)

• Official HBO UK Trailer

• Trailer
    • ‘It’s Been a Long War, It’s Been a Tough War’ Trailer

• Trailer
    • Band of Brothers | Trailer | Warner Bros. Entertainment

• Trailer
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I've seen Band of Brothers twice. It's definitely a top-notch series with a perfect 5-star rating in my book. While I might not recall every detail due to how long it's been since my last watch, I'm looking forward to indulging in another binge-watching session soon.

If you enjoy war films like Saving Private Ryan, I highly recommend giving this series a chance as it's still good despite being from 2001.

The series provides a portrayal of the experiences of the Army soldiers from Easy Company from starting their initial military training to the battles they faced during World War II.

I plan on revisiting this thread and sharing my thoughts on each episode as I go through the series. I'll post the standout moments of each episode, trying not to add spoilers, and give an individual rating for each one.

Even if some episodes may have slower storytelling moments, the overall series still earns a solid 5-star rating from me.

This series was very enjoyable and realistic. It portrayed the G.I's as very human, as opposed to Rambo style or John Wayne superheroes. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10.

This series was very enjoyable and realistic. It portrayed the G.I's as very human, as opposed to Rambo style or John Wayne superheroes.
Very much so.

It also depicts war as horrendous and not something you would ever wish for, even for your worst enemy, as there is a huge cascade effect for everyone involved and not involved.

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10.
But what would you give it out of 5? You can rate the series in the first post.
1725112138985.png

My bad, have since voted, gave it 4 stars only as some episodes were a tad propaganistic and 'America the Brave' oriented.
That's probably a fairer assessment of it as a whole.

I plan on binge-watching this again soon, so I might have to lower my rating to match.

Or, I'll just keep the series at a 5, but discuss specific episodes and how they drain from it as a whole.

1725113571467.webp

If you wish to post an episode for this TV show, enter the Season and Episode numbers:
Back
Top Bottom